worth getting better headphones if ears arent in best shape?
Feb 6, 2012 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MCSquaredTT

New Head-Fier
didn't know where to ask this so I guess this is as good a place as any other.
I recently put in a purchase for HD800's and at that time my hearing was fantastic, however, a couple of days later (package not sent out yet) I've experienced some sudden hearing loss in my right ear. I am going to the doctors soon and hopefully this is just a temporary thing, but if it is not temporary would the purchase still be worth it. The sound which was once clear now sounds veiled and there is a slight pain when listening to things. I've lost a bit of my spatial awareness as well. 

This is a really crappy situation as I saved up the money for these headphones and finally got the purchase in and now this. I have real bad luck.

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 4
I think you should get your health looked into before you do anything. Those headphones will always be there for purchase.

Take care

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 4
I am NOT a hearing doctor, but it sounds like what you have is just a simple infection/inflammation. That is very curable and you won't even remember you had it. I believe more permanent hearing damage occurs at a more gradual pace, it is not sudden like what happened to you.

Either way, you should definitely go and see a doctor but don't be too alarmed, it doesn't sound like a serious ear problem.

All the best,

Feb 6, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 4
Could be as simple as earwax blockage. Definitely go to your doctor first and don't be too scared for your hearing - yet. I would advise waiting for your ears to clear up before getting anything, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back