Worth getting another pair of headphones?
Jul 15, 2011 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BurritoJimmy

New Head-Fier
Hey, guys :D.  About 2 years ago i invested in a pair of ie7 iems (for $125) from sennheiser and loved them dearly.  Although being a young teenager (was only 14 when i bought them) i broke them a couple times and sennheiser ended up replacing them with a pair of ie8s (i know yay me xD) The biggest upgrade for me was being able to crank the bass.
Now at school, a friend let me listen to his Dr.Dre beats, and i loved the vibrating bass all around my ears, instead of just inside. 
Now i just got a summer job and i have a bit of money saved up, and i was wondering if u guys think it would be worth it for me to buy another pair of head phones.

So just a few points/questions:
Im going to be using them mostly on my ipod touch, so would it be worth it to get a nice pair of headphones? (i always get the highest quality mp3 files i can find if that makes a difference.)
Id probably use these as my at home/mild traveling head phones (like car trips and such) and just use my ie8s as my ultra portable pair.
Id prefer closed headphones because i like isolation when im listening to music would like to hear other options.
I listen to a lot of heavier music (hard rock, and so forth) and i really like rich lows and quite a lot of bass.
Id rather not break bank (so lets say $225 max)

So do nu guys think there is anything out there that beats my ie8s in these catagories in price range, or do u think im just just stick with my iems?

Much appreciated :D

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 2
The IE8s are suppose to have a lot of bass already, but if you're set on getting another pair of headphones, go for the Audio-Technica M50s. You can find MANY positive reviews about them around here. You can find them for around $120 shipped if you look around a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back