Worth buying Momentum's Over Ear if I have an re-400 and vs3ds?
Sep 6, 2015 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

krelianx

100+ Head-Fier
Howdy guys! An opportunity has arisen to get a pair of over-ear momentums 1.0 for about $100 bucks. Now, for portable use I own a pair of iems: Hifiman's re-400 and Vsonic vs3ds... both of which I enjoy a lot. For home listening I have a Sennheiser hd-600 and a Phillips Fidelio X1.

Would you guys reccomend getting those Momentums as an upgrade to my iem's? Will it be a substantial upgrade for portable use? I would be driving them primarily through my HTC One M8.

Thanks!

Sep 7, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 5
Well, I was just wondering how much of a bump in quality would be going from the iems to the momentums. I enjoy the iem's, but of course if the upgrade is a worthwhile one, given the price, why not?

Sep 7, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 5
  Well, I was just wondering how much of a bump in quality would be going from the iems to the momentums. I enjoy the iem's, but of course if the upgrade is a worthwhile one, given the price, why not?

Can't say the Momentum is "better" (which itself depends on so many subjective factors--including but not limited to your preferred sound signature).  Most of all they are just different--as you expect an IEM to be different from a closed can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back