Worst Traffic/Car/Motorcycle Accident You've been In
Apr 1, 2004 at 1:43 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Then, I finally keeled over at the truck. When I woke up, I tried to drive to the main highway, but passed out again and ended up in a ditch. So, this one was a combination car/motorcycle accident. Anyway, I survived, but barely.

--Demolition

Must be a hockey player, eh? That's some serious ballage!

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:55 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by BoyElroy
Must be a hockey player, eh? That's some serious ballage!

Actually, I did play hockey (and rugby and football). As a result, my endurance and pain tolerance are fairly high. However, as I get older, I find that my ability to quickly recover from injury is diminishing. These days, I take more precautions because I know that if I get hurt now as badly as I have been in the past, then there's a good chance I wouldn't survive it.

This probably means that I should find a nice quiet desk job. Anybody got a nice cushy job for me? One in which I can goof off all day, surf the Internet, and listen to music?
580smile.gif

D.

Apr 1, 2004 at 2:09 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Actually, I did play hockey (and rugby and football).

rugby is a tough sport

me ,when i was in school (up to the ninth grade) it was basketball and football

i was fast as h*ll so wideout and corner but man i weighed like 125 pounds so if i got hit good it was a disaster for me

though i could throw a good one

basket ball was for me a natural

good outside shot but again because i was a rail i could not get inside

again my speed and first step quikness overcame a lot

BCT (basic combat traing) taught me a new sport called "combat football"

This was a game with about 20 guys on each side and two soccer balls and a goal on each end of a soccer field

the rules were there were no rules and if you had the ball you were a target

Elbows ,fists ,knees ,crotch grabs ,anything exept weapons !

but it was a blast and broke up the training grind

Why no one was crippled i do not know

most likely because we were all in shape

i was no longer the "rail" i was in high school but i retained the speed so it was good and i thrived in this game

loved it

Apr 1, 2004 at 2:15 AM Post #19 of 21
another "accident' i walked away from was in a VW bug that i was a passenger in

The knucklhead i was with decided to do donuts in a field and being trashed i could not care less

until we went over and tumbled about five times

When the dust settled the car was on its side and we had to climb out the passenger door like it was a hatch in a damn submarine

When i hit the ground i felt the stab of pain that was a fractured ankle but being young and half lit i didn't care too much

We pushed the car back over to four wheels and drove off laughing about how easy we got off and what a b*tch it would have been if we had to walk back from the boonies with no loot

ah ,youth is wasted on the young man !

I wasted none of it and lived to the full extent my body could take me , and then some

Apr 1, 2004 at 2:43 AM Post #20 of 21
I've only been driving about a year and three months, but I had an accident that definately scared the hell out of me:

I had just inherited my dad's Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder 4 days before. I was driving home from squash practice at my school at 7pm, down Georgetown Pike (very hilling, rolling road, with no lights). I was going about 40 mph when I caught a flicker out of the corner of my eye. A fraction of a second later, I heard a loud BANG and saw something out the window.

I pulled in at a gas station about 50 yards past where it happened, and sat in the car for a minute before I got out (had to get out the passenger side door). Of course, my first thought was, "My God, I've hit someone." However, upon closer inspection, I found some deer hair in my door. I looked for the deer but couldn't find it.

There was a large dent on the door (almost the whole door was crushed), the handle wouldn't work, the sideview mirror was gone, and there was a dent further towards the trunk. I was definitely scared, and had minor whiplash from turning my head towards the sound so fast.

Fortunately, the insurance company said deer accidents don't count against the insurance policy. They paid the $2000 it cost to repair the car, but didn't raise the rate.

Overall, I'm just glad I didn't hurt anyone, including myself. I'm sure there's a good chance I could have turned the wheel when it happened and driven into the bushes. I hate to think what would have happened if it had been warm enough for me to put the top down.
tongue.gif

Well, that's my experience. I know it pales in comparison with others', but that's all I've got.

Apr 1, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #21 of 21
I was 19...I ran a red light...someone died.

I'm not sure this is the best idea for a thread, folks. I'm speaking as a member only, BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back