Worst Rock & Roll Singer, Guitarist, Drummer, Bass Player?
Nov 22, 2003 at 8:10 AM Post #61 of 75
Quote:

Originally posted by gsferrari
Elvis has got to be the worst !!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Are you for real!
biggrin.gif
I can't say I listen to much of Elvis, but I'm not gonna diss the guy for being the "worst" singer. He's got a great distinctive voice, and kudos to him for succeeding at what he did. Did he merely just copy an existing style and bring it out to the (white) masses? Sure, perhaps... lots of arguments... but he was pretty damn good at it.
I'd be stuck if someone were to say he was a good guitarist though!

Nov 22, 2003 at 2:31 PM Post #62 of 75
Quote:

Originally posted by gsferrari
Elvis has got to be the worst !!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know about being the worst, maybe the most overrated considering there must be a million guys out there impersonating him that sound nearly as good.
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #63 of 75
worst singer: im gonna say Jim Gillete, of Nitro. I guess he's great technically, but tell me his voice is the most earsplitting noise you've ever heard. search "Nitro, Freight Train" on youtube. you'll see. I'm also nominating Nitro for the worst band ever award too.

worst guitarist: Im gonna have to say C.C. Deville, of Poison. My god did he suck. Noel Gallagher was quite a bad guitarist too. and any of the guys from ****ty bands like nickelback, etc.

worst bassist:sid vicious of the Sex Pistols

worst drummer: meg white of the white stripes

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #64 of 75
This thread, just as all of the "who's the best" threads, should've never been born. Please let them die... please.

Mar 30, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #69 of 75
Worst Vocalist: Ke$ha :vomit:

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #71 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by salannelson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I know is the worst drummer is Meg White (The White Stripes). And if ANYONE tries to argue with that you shall go to hell.

yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by alysony /img/forum/go_quote.gif

and hell yes!!

beerchug.gif

i hate the brown streaks, i mean white stripes and vomit x2 on Ke$ha!!

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #72 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Worst drummer...I hate to say it, but my boy Ringo is pretty bad.

Meg White came to my mind 1st when I saw this thread.

That being said, I always struggle with understanding what it really means to say a drummer is worst (or bad). Measuring sheer technical skills can be a basis and I would agree Ringo is lower on the list. But musicianship is another measure and I think Ringo is well up the list here. In fact, I sometimes find technically gifted drummers to be poor at applying their skills in a musical way, instead seeming to be more interested in just displaying their chops.

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #73 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WORST SINGER: Gotta go with Madonna here, if I ever hear "Like a Sturgeon" one more time I'll vomit. It's bad when you have to lick a guy's butt and kiss other women in order to sell albums...
WORST GUITARIST: Steve Morse, sometimes playing the right notes matters more than just playing every note on the fret board, unfortunately Steve never learned this.
WORST DRUMMER: I'm passing on this one.
WORST BASS PLAYER: Billy Sheehan, all that technique and not a shred of talent.

I would agree with this to some extent. Billy Sheehan - if you have solid technique, then you have talent, so I'm assuming you mean heart and soul. To say he's the worst though, hmmmm, maybe overrated but...and don't forget he was around during the shred fest in the late 80s. He wouldn't have done well to play slow melodic bass lines. These people have to make a living and get recognized in order to eat. That being said, he's not my favorite for the reason you mentioned
beerchug.gif

I'm not a Morse fan either, but why throw Steve (assuming Vai) under the bus. He's created a whole different kind of unique music, inspired a new generation of guitarists and his speed is definitely not empty when compared to most guitarists out there. Hell, a couple of years ago he composed for a whole symphony which was favorably received on a double CD. He's one of the most talented guitar players out there and musical in his unique style. His early stuff was more to show the world what he could to, but after that it became about paving a new path and away from the "wow" stuff after using David Lee Roth and Whitesnake to get recognized with the side benefit of exposing EVH's lack of technique.

So, you really meant yngwie malmsteen and Zach Wylde
tongue.gif

Great thread. I'd say Ringo definitely lucked out and received his free ticket to ride the dream for such a mediocre drummer.
Worse singer would be me followed by William Shatner.

Mar 31, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #75 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by alysony /img/forum/go_quote.gif

+1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That being said, I always struggle with understanding what it really means to say a drummer is worst (or bad). Measuring sheer technical skills can be a basis and I would agree Ringo is lower on the list. But musicianship is another measure and I think Ringo is well up the list here. In fact, I sometimes find technically gifted drummers to be poor at applying their skills in a musical way, instead seeming to be more interested in just displaying their chops.

Agreed. I don't think Ringo is bad at all. Sure he was not the most gifted drummer technically, but he knew what his role was and he performed it well. There is a lot to be said in being able to fit into a musical group without any issues, as well as being consistent and reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back