black sabbath-born again
megadeth-rust in peace
megadeth-killing is my business
anything else....????

May 7, 2002 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
deep purple-shades of deep purple

Have you heard the remaster? It's old, but it's not bad. MHO.

Haven't heard some of these others recently, but...what's wrong with them?

The only obvious one that I do agree with is the Metallica one, but I've heard all those others, and I don't remember them being glaringly bad.

May 7, 2002 at 3:21 AM Post #4 of 21
Rust in Peace? Um, that actually sounds really good.

Oasis: whats the story morning glory gets my vote.

May 12, 2002 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
Rust in Peace? Um, that actually sounds really good.

Oasis: whats the story morning glory gets my vote.

Um, were do I start. The drums are very poorly tracked. The guitar has no bite what so ever. The recording is way too much on the clean side. Shall I go on.

May 12, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Um, were do I start. The drums are very poorly tracked. The guitar has no bite what so ever. The recording is way too much on the clean side. Shall I go on.

Clean side? What do you mean? It doesnt have that bite that can actually make you deaf? Oh, i tend to like the smooth nature of the recording. Compared to Countdown..., Rust in Peace surely doesnt sound that great, but its not a terrible recording by any means.

To be quite honest, your the first person to state its a poor recording. Drums are poorly tracked? Hmm, sounds fine to my ears, but then again, i liked how and justice for all sounds (minus the funky cymbal and high hat), so it might very well just be my personal tastes.

Try the oasis album if you havent yet, thats a terrible recording!
wink.gif

May 12, 2002 at 10:10 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Clean side? What do you mean? It doesnt have that bite that can actually make you deaf? Oh, i tend to like the smooth nature of the recording. Compared to Countdown..., Rust in Peace surely doesnt sound that great, but its not a terrible recording by any means.

To be quite honest, your the first person to state its a poor recording. Drums are poorly tracked? Hmm, sounds fine to my ears, but then again, i liked how and justice for all sounds (minus the funky cymbal and high hat), so it might very well just be my personal tastes.

Try the oasis album if you havent yet, thats a terrible recording!
wink.gif

Well by clean side I mean there is no bite in the gutair just like you pointed out. I guess it all boiles down to what sounds good to you I suppose. I think you will agree with me when I say that Born Again had some atrocious production qualties although Iommi's guitar solos had a very cool guitar tone going. Countdown has some great production qualties but I would put Metallica's black album ahead of Countdown production wise. I have not heard the Oasis album yet. Mayby I will pick it up just to see how bad it actualy is. Does it have that Shampane Supernova song on it? I hate that song!!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2002 at 10:11 PM Post #8 of 21
I think I'd say Aenima by Tool - it's muddy, the vocals are mixed in very poorly (on cheap equipment, the effects are really effective, but on my K501s, i can barely make out what Maynard is saying).........however, I feel that the worst recording I have is Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix. Such super music....such TERRIBLE recording.......especially the original - the remaster is ALMOST decent.....

May 12, 2002 at 10:21 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
I think I'd say Aenima by Tool - it's muddy, the vocals are mixed in very poorly (on cheap equipment, the effects are really effective, but on my K501s, i can barely make out what Maynard is saying).........however, I feel that the worst recording I have is Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix. Such super music....such TERRIBLE recording.......especially the original - the remaster is ALMOST decent.....

I agree on both accusations coolvij. Both are on the not so good side. Have you heard the first 3 Deep Purple albums? Now those are bad.
wink.gif

May 12, 2002 at 10:53 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

I have not heard the Oasis album yet. Mayby I will pick it up just to see how bad it actualy is. Does it have that Shampane Supernova song on it? I hate that song!!
smily_headphones1.gif

hehe, yeah it has Champagne SUPA nova..lol.

It's actually a great album, give it a spin, then you'll see how good we have it with Rust in Peace, lol.

smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2002 at 11:26 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

hehe, yeah it has Champagne SUPA nova..lol.

It's actually a great album, give it a spin, then you'll see how good we have it with Rust in Peace, lol.

smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry about my typing. High school education only
biggrin.gif

More seriously though. Have you heard the Born Again album. Now that is a pathetic recording.

May 13, 2002 at 12:12 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Sorry about my typing. High school education only
biggrin.gif

More seriously though. Have you heard the Born Again album. Now that is a pathetic recording.

Hehe, i wasn't trying to pick on your spelling, that's how Liam from Oasis pronounces the song in concert
wink.gif

I haven't heard Born Again...who's it by again?

May 13, 2002 at 12:55 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Hehe, i wasn't trying to pick on your spelling, that's how Liam from Oasis pronounces the song in concert
wink.gif

I haven't heard Born Again...who's it by again?

It was the 1983 Black Sabbath album featuring Ian Gillian on vocals. It was one of the main inspirations for the Spinal Tap movie.

May 13, 2002 at 1:01 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

It was the 1983 Black Sabbath album featuring Ian Gillian on vocals. It was one of the main inspirations for the Spinal Tap movie.

Hell no, i stopped with Master of Reality
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back