Worst Looking Headphones
Apr 18, 2003 at 5:59 PM Post #46 of 66
hose AKG's and that helmet THING are pretty bad, I also found some pretty awful ones on ebay that are sure to get you funny stares from people:

The Helmet: Also protects that bald spot from harmful UV rays...
FloatHeadphone.jpg

AKG K1000's: Almost as sexy as putting a waffle iron on your head...
akgk1002.jpg

This child is smiling now, but has no idea he is about to get creamed by a 18 wheeler: better turn the volume down quick Billy....
i-4.JPG

i-1.JPG

Maybe the're not as bad as they could be, but I think they'll stack up pretty well against the competition.

Apr 18, 2003 at 6:24 PM Post #47 of 66
Quote:

Originally posted by chrono
akg k1000.. who on earth made that thing red?

And what about the side pillows, Jesus this darn things has to sound good, to justify to buy them.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2003 at 1:13 AM Post #48 of 66
Just for the hell of it, here's an interesting pic of the HD497's. No, that's not me wearing them.
smily_headphones1.gif

hd497cat.jpg

Apr 20, 2003 at 7:48 AM Post #49 of 66
The Jecklin Floats were the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread.

I have a pair of headphones that beat even the CD3K's, I think. Hirsch and I will have to have a side-by-side comparison.

Apr 8, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #50 of 66
I would place the lower end Sony MDR range in the ugliest headphone category.
I mean they are just big and look like a head grinding machine.
My personal favorites for the title of ugly phones are there take off on DJ headphones which currently seem to be in with punks.

Apr 8, 2004 at 10:25 AM Post #53 of 66
Well, let me defend the Portapros (just a bit). The are not a beauty for sure, but you can fit a cap on your head to hide that ugly metal band... and comfort is great.

I must admit that since I got the etys I only uses the portapros from the home rig. And boy, if you want to improve the sound of these things use the ety 4P->4S adaptor (68 ohm resistors dampen the bloated bass nicely - yet still retain that hearty bass that adds to the experience with rock). These then make a much better sound (no contest winner of course but in their price range maybe near as good as you can get). If only with midrange... oh, well, next set of cans...

So back to the purpose of this thread. That radioactive "red" antennae thing on the K 1000 s must have really been a mistake... someone forgot the paint on the undercoat or something and someone else said what the heck!!

TonyAAA

Apr 8, 2004 at 3:26 PM Post #55 of 66
Quote:

I would place the lower end Sony MDR range in the ugliest headphone category.

Hahaha, you must have seen my priceless possesion, Sony MDR-CD10. It's near opposite of R10 except for being full-sized. It is so ulgly I was gonna do a April Fool's Day fake review, but Ed's awesome/hillarious review made me stop. May be I'll post its picture when I get a chance later tonight!

Apr 8, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #58 of 66
WARNING: It is not my pic, but from an Ebay Auction weeks ago. If you are the original photographer/owner of the phone and feel insulted, I'll remove it ASAP.

HD414SL Special RED edition - you know you got to own it
biggrin.gif

HD414SLRed.jpg

Apr 9, 2004 at 7:32 AM Post #60 of 66
Humm Sennheiser HD 280 on my left, Porta Pro on my right...

Damn They both make me look Sexy....

But then I am delusional so you can disregard that. Oh well better then stock phones I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back