Worst iPod Accessory Evar.
Dec 18, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #16 of 38
Don't kill animals that you don't intend to eat. Well except for the mosquito, which has probably killed hundreds of millions of us over the centuries.
tongue.gif

Dec 18, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #17 of 38
With proper care those little guys can live a few years. My guy is going strong after 2 years and he comes out of his shell when I get close to the bowl. He has outlasted all of my Ipods. (knock on wood) I hope the guy who invented this comes back as a diseased pigeon that gets kicked around all over the city and never gets any lady pigeon tail.

Dec 18, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #20 of 38
i bought this for my son... it looks great and the sound is good for such a small piece of equipment. thumbs up for the price i paid ($35)

of xourse, i'm kidding =] about the price at least... no i was jk =]

Dec 18, 2007 at 8:50 AM Post #21 of 38
They have been selling little tanks for siamese fighting fish for years. The quote about the 650mL tank being 15 times too small is rubbish. What, this little fish needs 9.75L (2.5 Gallons) to himself.

Breeders of these fish have to keep them in seperate tanks because males will kill each other. I'd wager that breeders don't give each of them a 2.5 Gallon tank. And, you can be sure that pet shops don't.

The natural habitat for these guys is muddy puddles in Thailand, which doesn't sound so pleasant to me.

Having said this, I won't be buying one of the silly devices.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with this practice, but this is not a new issue. Walk into just about any pet shop and you will find these fish in tiny containers. Why all the outrage now? I'd be more concerened about exposing the poor little fish to hours of house music.

I think it is far crueler that people go and but half a dozen goldfish and put them in a 1 gallon tank and feed them every few hours, with no filtration. They die from any number of causes within a week, so the owner shrugs and buys a few more.

Dec 18, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone remember the platform shoes with goldfish in the soles?

I though that was cruel.

they still sell them. i seen those up on the north side in Boys town one day. don't worry i was wearing a shirt...

thats not cruel, hell those fish can walk on land! thats science!

3138797.jpg

Dec 19, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I've been offended by petstore fish/animal policies for years. This one just strikes as extra callous.

I agree.

Just because this has hit the headlines again because of a stupid product everyone gets all incensed. The fact is that these practices happen every day - in our societies - and almost no-one pays any attention.

Dec 19, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #27 of 38
Yeah but even the plastic bags or tiny bowls those fighting fish are kept while in pet stores have more room than that device. Do you think people will ever replace the fish once it dies? I bet some lazy jerks are going to be listening to their ipods with a decomposing fish carcass in their speaker.

Dec 19, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by bundee1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah but even the plastic bags or tiny bowls those fighting fish are kept while in pet stores have more room than that device.

I've ever seen them kept in pet stores in plastic bags, and the only time I have ever seen them in bowls is when the shop on has one or two of them. For the most part I have seen them either in little glass tanks about 10cm square, or in similar sized containers built into a larger tanks.

Quote:

Do you think people will ever replace the fish once it dies? I bet some lazy jerks are going to be listening to their ipods with a decomposing fish carcass in their speaker.

I think you will be right, but the upside to that is that while ever they have a fish carcass in their ipod thing, they won't be killing yet another fish.

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree.

Just because this has hit the headlines again because of a stupid product everyone gets all incensed. The fact is that these practices happen every day - in our societies - and almost no-one pays any attention.

the problem with this is that people might actually buy it since its for ipod, and everyone has an ipod

Dec 21, 2007 at 8:45 AM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by aldave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the problem with this is that people might actually buy it since its for ipod, and everyone has an ipod

Valid point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back