worst date stories
Oct 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #691 of 1,450
All this 'vampire' and 'doomsday' crap you see in the film and television industry... perhaps you may not realise this, but it's intentionally produced in order to habituate the minds of the teenage generation to the very dubious & sinister beliefs of the ruling elite.

I'm not joking even slightly about this.

People just don't realise how they are being deliberately conditioned by a powerful minority who have extremely sinister motives.

I'm deliberately not elaborating with the exact terminology used to discuss this topic, because the internet is not a private place. However, if you doubt what I'm talking about, just do your own research on the internet - the information is not hard to find. Hollywood and the television and music industries are absolutely rife with the symbology, and it's going on right underneath people's noses without them even realising it. The aim is to make people unknowingly familiar & comfortable with the dubious symbology they are promoting.

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #692 of 1,450
I don't know really... my friends kept telling me about how stupid they were, so I decided to see why they did it in the first place... I was also convincing a guy not to kill himself and trying to convince a girl not to cut, so I kinda wanted first hand experience with that, and life has been weird lately, all I think of is nothing, and I really can't tell the difference between anything anymore, food, whether taste is good or not. I eat it, and I feel no pain anymore. :| Also I've been stressed and stuff... Honestly I don't know.

On "cutting":
Cutting has been around for centuries and is best understood as a form of self-help, however misguided. People who cut, or intentionally injure their skin, often say it helps them relieve tension.
Up until now, cutting has been categorized as a symptom of borderline personality disorder — an illness marked by unstable moods, impulsive actions and chaotic relationships. The problem is, the majority of those who cut don't have borderline personality disorder. And under the current diagnostic guidelines, sometimes a doctor who first sees the patient, say in the ER, might confuse cutting with a suicide attempt.
When clinicians see a patient with mental health issues, part of their job is to determine if the patient is experiencing temporary emotional struggles or if the patient has an illness. To do this, doctors rely on the bible of psychiatry, a book called the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. The DSM lists all the mental disorders recognized by the American Psychiatric Association.
The book is also used by insurance companies to decide which treatments they'll pay for, and by courts to help determine insanity or other mental conditions.
But cutting is rarely related to suicide, and researchers haven't been able to trace it to any one disorder. For instance, it can show up among those who have eating disorders, substance abuse problems, anxiety or depression, says Dr. David Shaffer, chief of the division of child and adolescent psychiatry at Columbia University Medical Center.
"On the whole, treatment [for cutting] is ... unsystematic and really quite poorly developed, partly because it's been so cloaked in other diagnoses," says Shaffer".

But I agree the thread needs to get back to bad date stories sans razor blades and cat suits.
My worst date story? Long ago. Said she was attractive/slender and a hefer showed up- complained to waitress constantly about her food and insisted we go to a movie too, although I wanted to bolt I went through with it.

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #693 of 1,450
  All this 'vampire' and 'doomsday' crap you see in the film and television industry... perhaps you may not realise this, but it's intentionally produced in order to habituate the minds of the teenage generation to the very dubious & sinister beliefs of the ruling elite.

People just don't realise how they are being deliberately conditioned by a powerful minority who have extremely sinister motives.

I'm deliberately not elaborating with the exact terminology used to discuss this topic, because the internet is not a private place. However, if you doubt what I'm talking about, just do your own research on the internet - the information is not hard to find. Hollywood and the television and music industries are absolutely rife with the symbology, and it's going on right underneath people's noses without them even realising it. The aim is to make people unknowingly familiar & comfortable with the dubious symbology they are promoting.

And what would be the purpose of that? I am getting curious

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #694 of 1,450
  And what would be the purpose of that? I am getting curious

I do know the answers to your question, but I decline to discuss them here. Please just do a bit of research for yourself - the information is becoming increasingly available on the internet. People are gradually waking up, thanks to the power of the internet in sharing information.

You could begin by searching Youtube with the term Hollywood exposed

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #695 of 1,450

Sorry, you may be selling it.
But I ain't buying.
In time we will see that the vampire movies and books are just flavour of the month.
They make money, so the entertainment industry cranks them out.
When they stop making money....................................next!
In three years it will be something else.

BTW, scary stuff and violent images, etc. are as old as folk tales and folk music.

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #696 of 1,450

Sorry, you may be selling it.
But I ain't buying.
In time we will see that the vampire movies and books are just flavour of the month.
They make money, so the entertainment industry cranks them out.
When they stop making money....................................next!
In three years it will be something else.

You're missing the point.

I'm not 'selling' anything - I don't need to.   What I mentioned is going on, is going on. That's a fact, and anyone willing to spend a few minutes researching it for themselves will very quickly find this out.

There is a much bigger picture than just money.

BTW, scary stuff and violent images, etc. are as old as folk tales and folk music.

Yes they are, and so is religion, and they have all been used to control the masses since time immemorial. People are naturally inclined to let their imaginations run away with them, and the elites know how to harness this propensity for their own selfish motives.

What the elites want, above all else, is power. Money is only one tool of wielding power. Moulding the consciousness of the mass population yields massive power, and of course this is in addition to the subjugation of the population via a corrupt banking system which drives the populationindividually and nationally, into servitude through debt.

These elites worship a certain belief system, and they desire the symbology of their belief system to be engrained in the consciousness of the mass population, so that they can mould the behaviour of the populace more easily.

Just think about that the next time you're considering going to the cinema (or sitting down in front of the TV) to watch a film about vampires, war, violence, etc. I'm not saying don't watch films, I'm just saying try to be conscious of what is really going on; what the hidden motives might be to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on ways to grip your attention for 2 hours at a time, in a highly-suggestible state of mind. Some films genuinely are for casual entertainment, but many have very, very sinister motives underlying their production. If you doubt the ability of films to mould mass consciousness, then ask yourself why there have been so many films about topics which affect political decisions in the real world (it's very useful to certain people to influence public opinion about the 'legitimacy' of waging war against certain groups or countries, or the supposed 'truth' of what the media has told them to be so about certain shocking 'events', for example). Other films strive to mould public consciousness about wealthy/powerful figures alive today, that essentially promote their positions of power and their acceptance in the public eye. Remember, the same wealthy, powerful, elites also own the television and print media, too, and there is a vast fortune to be made by controlling, and de-stabilising, nations (look what's currently happening in southern Europe, for example). Banking and war are extremely profitable industries.

I'm not religious, and I'm not moralising here - I'm just saying open your eyes to what is going on right underneath your nose. You can start by using the search term I mentioned in the previous post, and go from there. Amongst all the crackpot theories, you will find some information which is quite indisputable. I could easily provide more specific search terms, but I decline to post them here.

I'm going to draw a line under this side-discussion now, but for anyone who reads the preceding couple of posts, just do a little research of your own before jumping to conclusions one way or the other.

Now, can we hear some more bad date stories?
beerchug.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #698 of 1,450
I don't know about flavour of the month... I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer (mostly because of the doomed Buffy–Angel romance) and that was over 10 years ago. Flavour of the quarter-century? 
wink.gif

I agree about the entertainment industry through. The industry doesn't decide what people should watch - people decide what the industry should produce. People are naturally drawn towards certain things and not others, and the industry must produce more of what people want to see and less of what they don't want to see, in order to survive financially. A company can only survive if people keep buying their products.

Now, I don't doubt that the powers that be can sneak things amongst the stuff that we like to watch, in order to manipulate us. An obvious example would be companies subsidizing movies in exchange for their products' logos to be shown in various scenes, or for the characters in the movie to use their products. But I don't buy the argument that dark themes are being forced upon us; if anything, we're naturally drawn towards dark stuff.

A lot of the things we like, we have no idea why we like them, at least consciously. But there are certain themes that have been constant and pervasive in our evolutionary past, which have shaped our unconscious minds, and therefore we are very attracted by stories that contain those themes. Harry Potter, for example, is chock full of wonderful imagery and symbolism from Christian mythology. Which is very ironic, considering how idiots from certain religious groups have criticized it as being "anti-Christian."

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #699 of 1,450
I left my dates, almonds, and figs out in the rain the other day, now they're all rotten and moldy. And they were going to go straight in the pudding as well....

Still took them out to dinner and a movie though. Went to see the Occult. Nice film.

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #700 of 1,450
  Yes they are, and so is religion, and they have all been used to control the masses since time immemorial. People are naturally inclined to let their imaginations run away with them, and the elites know how to harness this propensity for their own selfish motives.

Religion is not a tool to manipulate the masses (although it has undoubtedly been used as such); it is a defense mechanism to justify human existence and to keep absurdity, nihilism, and existential anxiety at bay. This is true of all ideologies - in fact, I use the terms religion and ideology interchangeably because all ideologies, religious or otherwise, serve the same purpose. People desperately NEED to believe in something. In the 20th century, as soon as Christianity fell as the dominant religion, a whole bunch of pathological pseudo-religious ideologies cropped up to replace it - fascism, communism, racial supremism, etc - and killed hundreds of millions of people.

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #702 of 1,450
  Religion is not a tool to manipulate the masses (although it has undoubtedly been used as such);

it is a defense mechanism to justify human existence and to keep absurdity, nihilism, and existential anxiety at bay. This is true of all ideologies - in fact, I use the terms religion and ideology interchangeably because all ideologies, religious or otherwise, serve the same purpose. People desperately NEED to believe in something. In the 20th century, as soon as Christianity fell as the dominant religion, a whole bunch of pathological pseudo-religious ideologies cropped up to replace it - fascism, communism, racial supremism, etc - and killed hundreds of millions of people.

They're all of those things.

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #703 of 1,450
  I left my dates, almonds, and figs out in the rain the other day, now they're all rotten and moldy. And they were going to go straight in the pudding as well....

tongue_smile.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #704 of 1,450
I agree the thread needs to get back to bad date stories sans razor blades and cat suits.

Panther can't be the only furry on Head-Fi ... Where's that KODA dude ? lol

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #705 of 1,450
I invited a girl out to come see a music show with me. Her response "that sounds like fun!... I don't want to pay for it though"

Yeah, it went downhill from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back