Worst band names
Mar 15, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #871 of 913
Not what I call a bad band name..but it is a funny one. " I hate the ****ing Eagles".

The reference clearly being the scene from The Big Lebowski when the dude asks the cab driver to change the channel when the Eagles were on and he goes "I hate the ****ing Eagles man.

Mar 15, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #872 of 913
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not what I call a bad band name..but it is a funny one. " I hate the ****ing Eagles".

The reference clearly being the scene from The Big Lebowski when the dude asks the cab driver to change the channel when the Eagles were on and he goes "I hate the ****ing Eagles man.

I remember Jeff Bridges saying in the bonus material that Glenn Frey was pretty pissed about that line. I was kind of thinking that it's pretty ridiculous for anyone to be pissed about a line spoken by a character in a movie when I heard that, although I do like a lot of The Eagles music. Relax man, it's only a movie!

Speaking of stupid band names though, I think "Smashing Pumpkins" is pretty ridiculous. I do love Siamese Dream though.

Mar 15, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #873 of 913
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintalfonzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of stupid band names though, I think "Smashing Pumpkins" is pretty ridiculous. I do love Siamese Dream though.

I always wondered whether Smashing Pumpkins was intended as a reference to a Halloween prank (Yeah, dude, we were out all night smashing pumpkins...) or as a British compliment to a farmer (Dude! Thanks for showing me your crop! Those are just some smashing pumpkins!)

I guess we'll never know.

Mar 15, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #874 of 913
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always wondered whether Smashing Pumpkins was intended as a reference to a Halloween prank (Yeah, dude, we were out all night smashing pumpkins...) or as a British compliment to a farmer (Dude! Thanks for showing me your crop! Those are just some smashing pumpkins!)

I guess we'll never know.

Bloody right, lad!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #880 of 913
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Loverboy.

And their music was just as bad as their name. The singer's (Mike Reno if I remember correctly, speaking of stupid fake names...) duet with Ann Wilson was so excruciatingly bad that my college roommates used to play it when they wanted to piss me off. "Almost Paradise," I think it was called.

And I say that as an unashamed Ann Wilson fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back