Worst album cover
Apr 10, 2004 at 8:49 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Yeldarb
The guy in the centre of Mecano's worst cover with the bearded guys looks like Angus Deayton, a celebrity who used to compere "Have I got news for you" on British TV.

Actually, the bearded guy is John Hall. He played guitar and provided vocals for Orleans.

Quote:

Originally posted by eyeteeth
The MC Pooh cover although worthy of consideration for worst seems to me rather typical of rap imagery regarding women.

It wasn't so much the imagery as his name (MC Pooh, the Pooh-Man) that caught my attention. There he is, between this girls legs and I had a vision of him having a certain kind of fetish (think brown rather than pink). That creeped me out more than any other album cover at that site.

D.

Apr 13, 2004 at 8:39 PM Post #17 of 18
And to think Spinal Tap was supposed to have trouble with the "Smell the Glove" cover concept. I am particularly fond of the "Let me Touch Him" cover. I have to make a copy of that and send it as a card to some friends of mine.

Apr 13, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #18 of 18
Lift To Experience - The Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads

lift_to_experience.jpg

This is actually a very melodic post-rock album that's quite good. I was planning on buying it until I saw the album cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back