World's most transparent speaker?
Apr 16, 2004 at 9:08 AM Post #16 of 28
You could do that with the Celestions, but not the waterfalls
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #18 of 28
Those would be too much of a bitch to clean. Just the idea of windexing my speakers every few days makes me sick.

Apr 16, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #19 of 28
The Acrylic HGS-10 is actually a demo model to show how it works. They have one at Domes AV and were selling it for $800 the last time I saw it. It works just as well as a normal one, but it doesn't have a grille...but hey, it's clear, who isn't going to watch it?

You have to use it in real life to know how cool a clear sub is...hehehe

Apr 17, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
The Acrylic HGS-10 is actually a demo model to show how it works. They have one at Domes AV and were selling it for $800 the last time I saw it. It works just as well as a normal one, but it doesn't have a grille...but hey, it's clear, who isn't going to watch it?

You have to use it in real life to know how cool a clear sub is...hehehe

Actually...It used to be...now it's available for retail sale.

When I was a Hi-Fi salesman, we had a pair of acrylic Bose 901's with no wiring that was intense looking.

Apr 17, 2004 at 4:53 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by BigD
Try Ferguson Hill acrylic horn speakers!!!
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/very_evil_smiley.gif[/img]

I have seen those before, very interesting. The transparency pun didn't quite fit horn speakers (colored) for me though. But visually transparent they certainly are.

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #26 of 28
Thanx eyeteeth!!!
I have been looking for english description of these extraordinary speakers from Germany. Sorry about the wait...

Here is the official description from their website:

magic sound® is fascinating to the eye and to the ear. The award-winning design reduces the loudspeaker to its essentials: the resonator in the form of a glass sheet and the exciter. The power supply through a conductive glass membrane on the rear side of the glass sheet remains invisible to the observer.
Through its diffuse acoustic radiation, which conveys an optimal, clear sound experience to every place in the room, magic sound® is not only a perfect match for exclusive private use, it also provides innovative solutions in the radiation of objects.

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:03 PM Post #27 of 28
I found some specs on these.
I also heard Michael Jackson has these at his home.$$$$

DESCRIPTION: glass ring with thin glass membrane and silk
screen printing wireless signal transmission

DIMENSIONS: magic sound® wall (without wall mounting set)
400 x 295 x 27 mm (15.75" x 11.61" x 1.06")
2.2 kg

magic sound® rack (with rack)
700 x 500 x 2260 mm (27.6" x 19.7" x 89")
5.95 kg

NUMBER OF EXCITERS: 1
TOTAL IMPEDANCE: approx. 25 Ohm
RATED NOMINAL LOAD: 5 watt,
approx. 15 watt music,
approx. 20 watt impulse
TRANSMISSION RANGE: 150 Hz - 30 kHz (-3 dB)
SENSITIVITY: 68 dB, max. 85 dB
RECOMM. AMP OUTPUT: 13 watt, 8 Ohm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back