World Trade Center...An Oliver Stone film
Aug 2, 2006 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 87

vinyl addict

100+ Head-Fier
When will they ever stop. Does Hollywood have no shame? I know it's a true story "in their own words" but I have a few of my own words for this film...Kiss my boney *****!! I believe some of the profits should go to the victims, the homeless, whomever....this is such an embarrassment to be exploiting a horrific event like this. Shame on you Mr. Stone and shame on you Paramount!!

Who will see this film? You can count me out

Aug 2, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #2 of 87
This is the type of thread that usually degenerates into political discussion, which is a no-no here at Head-Fi. I'll let it stay open for now, but let's all keep cool heads please...thanks.

Aug 2, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 87
i could see in 10 year them making movies from the events, but this is all nonsense. It's morbid and disgusting... I wouldn't pay money to see a film portrayel of 9/11, i lived through it 5 years ago.

total junk.

Aug 2, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #4 of 87
It's too early. Maybe in another 30 years.

Aug 2, 2006 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
This is the type of thread that usually degenerates into political discussion, which is a no-no here at Head-Fi. I'll let it stay open for now, but let's all keep cool heads please...thanks.

Please keep it open and NO political comments....and boycott this film!!

Aug 2, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #7 of 87
While I'm not going to see this movie because it looks sentimental and awful, I would be surprised if some of the profit wasn't earmarked for charity.

To the OP, are you saying that no one is allowed to make movies on real-life tragedies?
confused.gif
You must have problems with a lot of movies then.

Aug 2, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #8 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
To the OP, are you saying that no one is allowed to make movies on real-life tragedies?
confused.gif
You must have problems with a lot of movies then.

Tragedies are one thing, but to try to make a profit off of one of the worst acts of terrorism we as Americans have ever seen, this is just bad taste, and I personally will not see this movie.

Aug 2, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #9 of 87
i find myself going to movies less and less these days....

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #10 of 87
hell, if wanted to see something like this, i'd climb to the roof and look down into the pit. it ain't no fun, and i wouldn't pay to see it either.

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #11 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
i could see in 10 year them making movies from the events, but this is all nonsense. It's morbid and disgusting... I wouldn't pay money to see a film portrayel of 9/11, i lived through it 5 years ago.

total junk.

I agree.

I was in tears after seeing the preview because it is sad to just think about what happend, and the fact somebody is making a movie about it...

Where will it end?

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #12 of 87
i find most of Stone's movies to be ostentatious appeals to the baser human instincts. underthought and overwrought.

so it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he's trying to manipulate the raw emotions of the general public. that's his MO.

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #13 of 87
What worries me is not the fact that Hollywood is making a movie about the tragedy (who didn't see that one coming) but the fact that it is Oliver Stone making the movie. Given his penchant for "interesting" interpretations of history I wonder he offers any kind of spin on the incident. That would be horrible imo.

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #14 of 87
I'm going to a free screening, supposedly it's not just about 9/11 but the heroism , spirit and the will to survive shown by these two brave PAPD officers.

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #15 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
confused.gif

I have no issues with real life themes, just this particular one. To make a movie and expect monetary gain for exploiting such a sensitive issue is plain wrong. Hits too close to home and too soon for many including myself.

Perhaps a documentary made for TV would have been more suitable or write a freakin' book about "their" story in "their" own words. IMO, it's the wrong medium for a country still in mourning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back