World Series??????
Oct 17, 2003 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

downingp

500+ Head-Fier
Is there really anyone who is interested in this year's world series? I personally will find it hard to watch. Not because I am a Cubs fan but because I see no excitement arising from this series. To me we have just seen two great series' between the Marlins/Cubs and Yankees/Red Sox. Can the World Series really live up to what we just saw??????

Oct 17, 2003 at 4:41 AM Post #2 of 27
im not even going to watch it.
smily_headphones1.gif

*yawn* who wants to see the yankees go AGAIN? I sure as hell dont.
plainface.gif

go red sox!

Oct 17, 2003 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by mclaren20
im not even going to watch it.
smily_headphones1.gif

*yawn* who wants to see the yankees go AGAIN? I sure as hell dont.
plainface.gif

go red sox!

Well I'm interested.
wink.gif

...and yes the sox can go...Home.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 17, 2003 at 4:47 AM Post #4 of 27
Too bad hurricane season is over. Maybe a hurricane could rid us of both teams in one blow.

Oct 17, 2003 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
Too bad hurricane season is over. Maybe a hurricane could rid us of both teams in one blow.

Indeed, that would be for the best.

JC

Oct 17, 2003 at 6:10 AM Post #6 of 27
I don't give a crap. If either Boston or the Cubbies got in, I would probably watch some games, but now? No way.
rolleyes.gif

I'll tell you who is not happy right now: FOX.

Oct 17, 2003 at 7:13 AM Post #7 of 27
three words...
SCREW THE YANKEES!!!

and, Mr. Stienburner(sp?) looks as if he has bought himself another world series...how many times have they been there now within the last 10 years?
rolleyes.gif

Oct 17, 2003 at 7:51 AM Post #8 of 27
Until a couple days ago, and only because of this board, I didn't even know the World Series was going. And it's the same with every major sporting event except the Super Bowl, I generally know when that is going although I still don't watch it. I'm definately not a sports fan
tongue.gif

Oct 17, 2003 at 2:23 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by zeplin
three words...
SCREW THE YANKEES!!!

and, Mr. Stienburner(sp?) looks as if he has bought himself another world series...how many times have they been there now within the last 10 years?
rolleyes.gif

I just love this.
rolleyes.gif

Everytime we show some guts, the money issue comes up.

George likes to pour the money he generates from his team back into his team.
What a concept!

Imagine if other successful companies
(don't kid yourself, sports is a business like any other)
would pocket the majority of the revenues instead of reinvesting it back into their business.
Would they still be successful?

The rest of the owners scream poverty but I still don't see a firesale of teams going on.
Who in their right mind keeps a business that continually loses money?
rolleyes.gif

Oct 17, 2003 at 9:32 PM Post #12 of 27
no everyone's pretty much always thought this. it's just wierd to see the playing field so uneven as far as how well one can build a team based on how much money they have... i thought this was just a sport? so why poor all this money, to ensure a win? look at the A's, i can't even say how much less they have spent on their team in the last 4-5 years. i'm not just speaking for the Yanks either, it's just that the Yanks seem to always be up there because of...whatever
rolleyes.gif

Oct 18, 2003 at 3:29 AM Post #13 of 27
The Yanks are an easy target to hate but it isn't just the available money.

Look at Baltimore and the Mets (lately).
Plenty of money but not much success.
I don't hear people (besides their repective fans) complain about the money they spend.

I give George credit in that he is more of a fan than alot of owners.
He does want to win at all cost and the fans here are going to the games in record numbers.
This in turn leads to more money which he uses to make the team even better.
You can't say that about every team.

Oct 18, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #14 of 27
I have to agree with bootman, its better that George keeps the team going strong.

One other thing, you know, I have no problems whatsoever with player salaries. NONE.

You know why?

The money is there, and its either going to the greedy owners, or to the people who MAKE THE GAME WHAT IT IS!!! THE PLAYERS!

Thats just my opinion, I feel sorry for football players, shorter careers, and salary caps all over the place... Does it make teams better across the board? Maybe, does it allow the owners to keep more of the profits?? DAMN STRAIGHT.

The problem is most people are too dense to realize that the money is there and its going in SOMEBODY'S pockets, might as well be, and certainly deserves to be the players.

Oct 18, 2003 at 6:45 AM Post #15 of 27
sorry if i'm stepping on any toes here, bootman, but even though those dastardly fish beat out my beloved cubbies, i'm going to be rooting for them in this world series.

i said it before, and i'll say it again -- the marlins are a wonderfully enthuthiastic team that have once again made it beyond anyone's possible expecatations at the beginning of the season. they are young and full of positive energy. i really wanted to hate them, but i couldn't bring myself to do it because i regard all of their players very highly. i'd have to say that with sammy on the free agent block this offseason, and if something happens and he does not return, i would be very happy with seeing some of those marlins on the '04 cubs roster (cabrera, for one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back