World Reknowned Violinist poses as street performer
Apr 11, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 11
Funny how kids don't have assumptions about things like adults do. My girlfriend mentioned this to me yesterday.

Apr 11, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #5 of 11
No need to apologize. I didn't notice the other threads and only noticed yours... kinda makes me feel like all the passerby's who didn't take a second to acknowledge Joshua Bell's music.

It was a very moving article for me, and gave me pause to think about myself and life. For someone like me who knows nothing about music on a formal basis, it was very insightful to share in the thoughts of musicians as they play and interpret the music and what they're trying to achieve with their play.

So, thanks for bringing it up once more.

Apr 12, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #6 of 11
Jeez, this article is way too long. I only read about a third of it and it didn't come close to telling the outcome. Instead, it was giving a biography of him. I already figured out the general facts of his life from the first five paragraphs. A whole biography of his early life was just too much.

Apr 12, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #7 of 11
You must realise that when in print, people want to read for a nice round amount of time, and so get their money's worth! Sometimes old fashioned stuff gets in the way of the hyperfast internet attention span
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #9 of 11
best thing i've read in a while. thanks.

Apr 12, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #10 of 11
Wow very insightful! I loved the article and the experiment.

Apr 12, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny how kids don't have assumptions about things like adults do. My girlfriend mentioned this to me yesterday.

Kids are more attuned to pick up anormalities in the environment, simply because they are not sure about its significance. A busker in L'Enfant Plaza is an un-heard of (indeed, illegal) event. As people grow up, they'll learn that most of the "anormalities" really have no significance at all, and filtering them off makes your mind more efficient.

Sentimentalists will lament about the "lost of innocence"; I call it a key to survival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back