World Rally Champsionship 2009
Oct 26, 2009 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

demoNMaCHiN3

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone here into WRC? Sebastien Loeb just barely clinched the title by 1 point this year, making it his 6th win in a row. Here's a Q&A after his victory: World Rally Championship - News - Sebastien Loeb - Q&A

I feel kinda bad for Mikko Hirvonen--he was just one point shy of getting his first WRC title
frown.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #3 of 9
Its amazing..The French are so bad at making cars but manage to grab the WRC championship 6 times in a row
tongue.gif
..Congratulations to Loeb though. That s quite an achievement, impresses me more than Mick Doohan's 5 in a row or Schumi's titles.

Strange that the day i see my favorite rally car of all time, the 1986 Audi Quattro S1 a couple of hours back (that engine note is intoxicating) i see a thread on WRC on HF.

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenGecko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish there was more rally coverage in the United States. All we get for rally is x-games.

HD Theater (part of Discovery) is playing the 2009 WRC right now(one event per week). I'm not familiar with any other channel that plays rally, unfortunately.

Oct 27, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #6 of 9
Massive respect! 6 wins in a row is a major task...

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its amazing..The French are so bad at making cars but manage to grab the WRC championship 6 times in a row
tongue.gif
..Congratulations to Loeb though. That s quite an achievement, impresses me more than Mick Doohan's 5 in a row or Schumi's titles.

Yup, except for the Bugatti Veyron is made in France.

Oct 27, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mgrewe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, except for the Bugatti Veyron is made in France.

hah..Don't consider Bugatti French anymore, if it ever was in the first place..They be owned by Germans..besides, it was an Italian man who set up shop in France and started Bugatti..so don't consider that French at all.
tongue.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hah..Don't consider Bugatti French anymore, if it ever was in the first place..They be owned by Germans..besides, it was an Italian man who set up shop in France and started Bugatti..so don't consider that French at all.
tongue.gif

Haha me neither. Just tryin to give a little credit to the french.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back