World of Headphones Tour: Last But Hopefully Not Least!
Jul 21, 2002 at 7:28 PM Post #17 of 32
To make my life easier, I've just titled the photos creatively and posted them on my webserver.

So Click Here!

Yes, I know those images aren't a meg apiece. The originals were ~1500x2048 and I pay per gig of bandwidth utilization! So I shrunk them down to 640x768...

Jul 21, 2002 at 8:36 PM Post #18 of 32
nice pics! although the Orpheus tag is a little blurry
tongue.gif

wow...a lot of stuff was broken...all coming out of headroom's pockets...

Jul 21, 2002 at 9:13 PM Post #20 of 32
LOL! I think somebody wants to DIY the Max, from the way some of those internal shots are taken with so much parts detail.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 21, 2002 at 10:09 PM Post #22 of 32
Vertigo: Yeah right, that would probably violate patents or trademarks or something. The reason I took them is because some DIYers had asked me for some good photos of the internals...

Jul 21, 2002 at 10:55 PM Post #23 of 32
Appreciate the summary, a1leyez0nm3, but please start using paragraphs.

Jul 22, 2002 at 1:31 AM Post #27 of 32
i went to the tukwila/seattle show and i just wish i would have had a chance to thank todd for dropping by. unfortunately somebody was picking his brain for info at the time i had to leave so i just didn't have the chance.

my favorite amp was the ear amp that had several rows of pre-amp tubes. they had it hooked up to the akg phones and i was just awestruck. the ear hp4 with the hd600s were really nice as well. it's probably for the best that i can't find a used ear hp4 since they run about 3grand new (must protect wallet)! i just wish somebody would do a audiovalve rkv versus ear hp4 review because i am seriously thinking about getting an rkv to replace my mg head.
smily_headphones1.gif

on the headphone side i finally know what everybody is talking about when they say my favorite headphones the dt831s are lacking bass! i finally got to try out the ety er4's (w/foam) and the hd600 phones and i am drooling. i can't decide which one i liked better!

Jul 22, 2002 at 10:15 PM Post #28 of 32
it's 6:15pm est and i can't load eric's site. there are many possible reasons for this, but i really hope it isn't being ripped to shreds bandwidth-wise. it would be a pretty awful event if eric gets a $600 hosting bill this month for hosting his pictures for us..

either way i plan on trying to see his pics later.

Jul 27, 2002 at 9:25 AM Post #30 of 32
Still can't get in to see the pics
frown.gif
If you can't get it to work, I'll find you a place to upload, or hell just ask where you live
wink.gif

FWIW, I'm pretty sure duplicating a Headroom design wouldn't violate any patents (if they own any, that is). The entire point of patent law is that scientific advances must be made publically available in order for society to grant inventors the exclusive right to profit from it. What you reverse-engineer in your own home is nobody's business, and even if you want to go commercial there are loopholes (see: Compaq).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back