World of Goo-- i cannot stop playing please help me
Nov 9, 2008 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

johnation33

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone played world of goo? I decided to buy the game after it got amazing reviews and wow, i cannot stop playing with quirky bridge building game. I highly recommend it to anyone. I've just pulled an all-nighter playing it and my brain still cant stop thinking about how to build the next tower/bridge.

Nov 9, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 32
Yea, I was surprised by how awesome it is. If you ever played with lego or constructor sets as a kid, you owe it to yourself to pick up the game, it's great.

Nov 9, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 32
Well, at least it's not World of Warcraft.
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #6 of 32
I have to play this game. I don't have a wii. It has a visual charm not unlike Loco Roco, which is a big positive. If video game history has told us anything, it's that manhandling cute little critters always means fun.

Nov 9, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to play this game. I don't have a wii. It has a visual charm not unlike Loco Roco, which is a big positive. If video game history has told us anything, it's that manhandling cute little critters always means fun.

I agree it does sort of share a visual similarity with loco roco.
Although I have to say in the gameplay department it's much better.
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #10 of 32
so close to beating it... but I just found out that the US version of the game i have doesn't have the sixth level that the european versions have, set on the moon! what a travesty
frown.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't need a Wii, it's also on teh PeeCee

Nov 10, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't need a Wii, it's also on teh PeeCee

Oh, nice, so it is!
biggrin.gif

Gosh, I'm going to be juggling between this and the Left 4 Dead demo soon.
ph34r.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 10:02 AM Post #14 of 32
I downloaded the demo. Pretty cool. I like these kinds of games that take a little creativity/brain power. I can let my 6 year old play them and not feel guilty. I'll probably buy the full game. But if you like Goo and the construction aspect of it, and you're on a Mac, I suggest you get this game. Apple - Downloads - Simulation & Sports - Bridge Construction Set I love this game. It's a great simulator and completely addicting. I bought it as well after playing the demo, and i don't purchase alot of games. Play the demo see what i mean.

Nov 10, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #15 of 32
I have the game, but I stopped playing after the first couple levels. I like puzzle games, but only the more complex ones hold my attention. My niece, on the hand, tried it out yesterday on my PC, and loves it. (She's a fan casual games)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back