World music and Jazz Fusion melange
Jun 5, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #696 of 777
Never heard of this genre before... American primitive guitar.

'American primitive guitar is a fingerstyle guitar music genre, developed by the American guitarist John Fahey in the late 1950s. While the term "American primitivism" has been used as a name for the genre, American primitive guitar is distinct from the primitivism art movement.' ...
"Fahey referred to it as 'American Primitive' after the 'French Primitive' painters, meaning untutored". (Wiki)

Jun 11, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #703 of 777
Never heard of this genre before... American primitive guitar.

'American primitive guitar is a fingerstyle guitar music genre, developed by the American guitarist John Fahey in the late 1950s. While the term "American primitivism" has been used as a name for the genre, American primitive guitar is distinct from the primitivism art movement.' ...
"Fahey referred to it as 'American Primitive' after the 'French Primitive' painters, meaning untutored". (Wiki)

You might like some of her albums.
I find her tracks a good test of headphones, those with a slower response can sound slightly veiled, but faster headphones like electrostatics reveal everything.

Jun 11, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #705 of 777
You might like some of her albums.
I find her tracks a good test of headphones, those with a slower response can sound slightly veiled, but faster headphones like electrostatics reveal everything.
I've to say, I'm not particularly a fan of this style of guitar... maybe I'm just not used to it... but this sounds really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back