World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement
Apr 29, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #197 of 629
Will you be putting out a review soon?

Something is definitely in the works - in order to share my thoughts about both sound signatures as accurately as possible, I'm burning them both in as I type this and possibly as you read this. Hopefully the burn-in will result in positive results!

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #198 of 629
  Thanks for the reply! I am debating trading them (selling my AKG's). I have the AKG's equalized quite a bit through Foobar, they responds really well to a little added bass and a dip around 2k Hz to remove some siblance. But that doesn't work for gaming and movies. I just don't want to lose on detail, I really like the separation the AKG's offer. I should have been more precise with my questioning, even though I know only a few people have listened to them so far and most of it is still guesswork :)
Still, thanks for your feedback!

Ah, I see, no problem. I was once interested in the K612 before, till I tried them. Really liked the wide sound stage and imaging but the splashy high frequencies just couldn't sit well with me.
If you're keen on swapping your K612 for something else with a lot of detail but less sibilance, you could try the Beyerdynamic DT880. That's a neutral-ish headphone with a lot of treble detail that is aggressive, like the K612, but based on memory was much more refined.
Waiting for more HE350 impressions would do some good too.
Best of luck with picking your next headphones! (if you're keen on going that route)

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #199 of 629
Is there anyway I can score a RE-00 before august?!
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #200 of 629
  Is there anyway I can score a RE-00 before august?!
wink.gif

Maybe if you pilfer a set from the Massdrop warehouses, but that's not a recommended course of action...
Other than that, I don't see how you're going to get them before August. Wait like all us other commoners. Heh

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #202 of 629
Something is definitely in the works - in order to share my thoughts about both sound signatures as accurately as possible, I'm burning them both in as I type this and possibly as you read this. Hopefully the burn-in will result in positive results!

Hey, how are you? Its great if you post a review here and at YouTube. I know I can expect objectivity and criticism in your review. Will you be adding it to the QP1R headphone/IEM pairing thread to?

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #203 of 629
  Hey, how are you? Its great if you post a review here and at YouTube. I know I can expect objectivity and criticism in your review. Will you be adding it to the QP1R headphone/IEM pairing thread to?

I'm doing well, thanks!  I hope all is well with you.  With regards to the reviews, I'll do what I can - my main task now is to burn both of the products in.  If I'm adding anything to YouTube, it won't be a super long review, just something people can view and get a succinct run down of both products - at least, that's my idea.  Since you asked about the QP1R review thread, I will add both products in, at least just for you!
bigsmile_face.gif
  I definitely have my thoughts about both products thus far, as both products have brought somewhat strong objective and subjective impressions in my mind.

Feel free to request anything else with regards to impressions/reviews/videos, and I'll try my best to add them/implement them before publishing. 

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #208 of 629
  lol, I mean, it said my credit card declined the payment, I have more than enough money in my credit card to join the drop. I can't even proceed through paypal

I had the same problem when I tried to purchase the RE00. Not to worry, just give your credit card bank a call and ask them to release the block for Massdrop for just about 15 minutes, which is enough to do your purchase and all is good. This is because your Bank classified Massdrop as a high risk site.

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #209 of 629
I'd like to know how these compare to my favorite under $500 open Audio Technica ATH-R70x. I gather they'll have less mid bass, and more high mids and treble. The AT are as bright as I can tolerate (after 200 hours burn in, and burned-in, upgraded OCC cable that smoothed them even more). I nearly went for this but have to wait to hear about them more. The HE-400s were a disappointment (forward mids, smooth treble, flat mid bass, rolled off low bass (almost nothing below 50 hz). These have a better graph for the lows than they do, but that 5 khz peak is a lot. Human hearing is most sensitive in the high mids, 1 khz to 5 khz (3-4 khz - especially). Their peak is right on the cusp of that region.

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #210 of 629
  I had the same problem when I tried to purchase the RE00. Not to worry, just give your credit card bank a call and ask them to release the block for Massdrop for just about 15 minutes, which enough to do your purchase and all is good. This is because your Bank classified Massdrop as a high risk site.

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back