Workout IEM Fit Issues (Custom Ear Tips?)
Jun 12, 2014 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Hiya Buddy

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Been a while since I've been on these forums and its time or a new IEM or alternative solution for my problem. I own a Westone Adventure Series Alpha. Terrible for the casual listener but still not as bad as Monster (lol). I use it ONLY for workouts. They seem to have failed (the right monitor went out) so I'm sending them back to Westone for servicing or a swap, not sure about that one.

I have fit issues with most IEMs. My Turbine Pro Golds died from sweat and the only replacement option I got from monster was a pair of iSports. They are pretty bad. The trebles hiss but geesh that BASS is boomy. The problem I have with the the fit is that while doing any sort of activity the left monitor loses its seal with my ear and the music sounds even crappier. They also hurt my ears because of the awkward shapes I have tried removing the "wings" but that just makes them fall out so no good. I seem to mostly have problems with the left monitor staying sealed, the right one is just fine.

I'm not sure if I just have bad luck with my ears. I use Westone 3s as my daily drivers only problem I have is when I swallow the seal on my left ear pops for a split second. I'm not sure if that's an ENT problem or if it has anything to do with my deviated septum. Anyways my question for you guys is, should I consider staying with the Westones and just get their custom ear tips so I don't end up with any fit issues?

Does anybody have experience with Westone's custom ear tips? I might be in the market for custom monitors but definitely under $1000 for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back