Workout headphones
Oct 12, 2007 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

will-san

New Head-Fier
OK wedding in April need to look good in a tux so it's back to the Gym!

I need some workout cans

Criteria.

1. All techno all the time!
2. sweat resistant.
3. won't fall of -ever
4. powered by shuffle
5. fun an livley with strong even if exagerated bass.
6. not too crazy expensive

any suggestions?

Oct 12, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #4 of 17
Koss Sportapro. It has a headband, so it's more comfortable and secure compared to the KSC75. It won't disappoint. -CK

Oct 12, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #5 of 17
Yuin PK3. They are earbuds, so they won't fall out. And they are a bargain at $38 shipped via head-direct.com. Ksc-75s and Senn PX-100s also good (own both), but ear buds are easy to manage, they are sturdy, and these are well worth the money (check the threads on them).

Oct 12, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #7 of 17
personally I can't stand headbands while working out, and you can bend the KSC75 wires so they'll clamp on your ears and never come off until you want them to, so I'd personally suggest that. Unless the gym you're in is loud, then grab some UM1

Oct 12, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #10 of 17
the ksc75 or the pro35 is the best workout phone in my opinion. I lost 30 pounds in a month and an half. The koss driver just has that airy high that makes my want to run, move, jump and dash.

Oct 12, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #11 of 17
KSC75's or PX100's (headband type) or PMX100's (behind the neck type). Maybe some canal phones: FX33's, FX66's, FX55's

Oct 12, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #12 of 17
I didn't like the KSC-75s for working out, mainly because you can hear all the clanking and thumpy music too easily. They also look pretty dorky if you care about that sort of thing. FX33/Marshmallows or EP630s are great. They're cheap, so you don't have to worry about them. They also block out sound. Both are pretty bassy. The Marshmallows have a cord cinch to keep away the tangles. I just wrap mine around my player and you have a nice little compact package you can stuff in a bag or your pocket.

Oct 12, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #13 of 17
AT ATH-ES7. I used to use PX100 in the gym but they would often fall off and they let in so much sound I couldn't hear the music... I was always distracted my the noise of the machines and those annoying people dropping heavy weights all the time (plus the background music that is playing in the gym). AT ATH-ES7 are perfect! They have good strong bass and are easy to drive IMO. If you want something cheaper I would go for a closed headphone like AKG K 26 P. I used to use IEMs at the gym but they were annoying if I needed to ask someone something like if they were done using a machine... etc. I'm not sure what your price range is though. If you are going to be jogging outside a lot (near busy streets with cars), I would use something like PX100 for that since you will want to make sure that you can hear the cars so that you don't get run over.

Oct 12, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #14 of 17
I love my ATH-ES7's but would never consider them to be suitable for a workout headphone. The pleather pads would sweat way to much and I don't think they would stay on during workout (a little to heavy which could cause them to shift around while running), but I have never tried them for that so I could be wrong. On the other hand my PX100's have never given me trouble falling off (light weight and firm fit) plus the thin foam pads don't make my ears sweat. The sound is also incredible for their price. Don't think you could go wrong choosing them for workouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back