Working Out
Dec 18, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #16 of 24
I only use my UM2's working out in gym or running. Other than that I use some Nokia headphones if going out into town for the night... They are my 2nd fave headphone at the moment lol - sound much better than my JVC Marshmallows with MORE bass (not boomy)!

Dec 18, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #17 of 24
I consider my 5 pro expensive and choose to use it in all situations; working out, snowboarding, etc. The cable is most likely to be involved in any mishap. On the 5 pro, the cable is detachable and only $20 to replace.

Dec 18, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #18 of 24
I sometimes use my ety's whilst out on the mtb depending on whether i'm riding on decent trails but if i'm going off piste (so to speak) and crashing about new trails with trees/overhanging branches/unseen drop-offs then i generally use cheaper earphones.

I've no probs about using them on the roadbike as i find they cut out all wind noise, yeah.... i realise i shouldn't use them whilst out on the roadbike but they way i see it is that if you're going to be splatted by a vehicle then it's gonna come at you from the front and with spatial awareness you can take action to avoid numpty's driving cars/trucks/buses.

However if you get hit from behind then generally it makes no difference as you couldn't take action to avoid the inevitable anyway so at least i'd pop my clogs whilst listening to some decent sounds.

I went to a gym a few times........very strange experience as most folk seemed to be posing and preening in the mirrors rather than working out. I also got informed by a member of staff that i was working at too high an intensity on the cross machine and was asked to stop.

It's a sad fact of life that the majority of jobs these days involves sitting on yer arse in front of a monitor pushing buttons and clicking a mouse, that would drive me nuts!.

Dec 18, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #19 of 24
Cheap ones all the way. Why deal with a warranty? When you are working out you will be a little preoccupied to completely focus on the details. Save the nice ones for other times.

Dec 18, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #20 of 24
I think that's a song too...All The Way for me
etysmile.gif

IMG_0240.jpg

Dec 18, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #21 of 24
To me, the KSC-75's are more than suitable for the gym. I've bought a few sets on sale at radioshack when they're $12, as well as a few online. I don't run (just weights and elliptical/stair stepping), so they work really well. Not sure how they'd handle jogging/running though.

Dec 18, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #23 of 24
I just use my sf5p's while working out. I sometimes worry about getting sweat inside the tip, but am very careful that if I take the IEM out of my ear, I wipe my ear and the tip before reinsertion. When I'm running, I love to focus on the music and just let my body do its thing. It's private music time in a public place, and I like to enjoy it to the max. I tried using my KSC75 at the gym, but I really had to turn it up to the point where I felt it might be intrusive to the person on the machines next to me on either side. Also, the foam would get wet on the KSC75 from sweat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back