working out with custom moulded iem's???
Apr 18, 2010 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ramw5p

New Head-Fier
I was going to buy some entry level iem's...livewires, alienears etc....but after a lot of reading on here it seems some people think they are not great for working out in. Anyine use them for jogging, weight work, general gym use? I dont see why they would be a bad option but several threads seemed to imply they were not a great fit for this type of use. Any input apreciated. TIA

Apr 18, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #2 of 6
i'm fine with work out wearing custom iems. sweats make them look disgusting from time to time. there might be some microphonic when jogging and the iems have to have perfect seals so they don't fall out

Apr 19, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 6
i work out with mine all the time, everything from weight lifting to calisthenics to running, the jh-13's are good for everything
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #4 of 6
Worked out, bike, snowboard, dance, and ran with my jh13 so far they still work just as great as they did on day one. Make sure to keep it clean and you should be good to go.

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #6 of 6
I've used my customs to work out, run, and bike. However, now I just use cheap apple earbuds for the fear for ruining them. While with weights I'm afraid I'll accidentally yank them with dumbbells, running gets way too sweaty, and with biking I want to be able to hear outside noises. Working out with customs definitely works, but just not worth the risk to me. Plus I don't want to be isolated from noise during exercise, unless your gym has Lady Gaga blasting.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back