Work frustrations....please vent
May 13, 2004 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

soundboy

Headphoneus Supremus
I work for the government as an analyst. You guys just wouldn't believe the amount of $$$ the government pissed away. While I am not some high-ranking official, my work do affect those in CA every month. I work with only one other guy and he's a total moron. He would receive claims from certain companies and he would just sit on it. We have to pay these claims within 30 days, otherwise there will be interest added on. Oh no.....he don't just sit on it for a week, a month, or a year, he waits 2 years to pay one lousy claim, which ***I*** have to do for him. How much interest, you asked? Last week, I prepared a payment package that included over $120,000 in interest alone. Now, in these days of budget deficits, I would think any school will be happy to receive such an amount of $$$. And this is interest on a claim that ***anyone*** can finish in 2 hours or so. As a taxpayer myself, I hate to see this kind of waste going on.

I don't even want to mention the claims that he doesn't look at for 4 years, going back to the year 1997. Obviously, I am frustrated by the job because who knows what other claims he has been sitting on.

You asks, "So what's this guy doing?" He's on the office phone interviewing possible tenants for his income property. Or online at the TD Waterhouse website making trades (and printing invoices out on the office printer). Oh yes, his supervisor knows. And the manager knows since he had to sign the payment letters. The director knows since he have to OK the payment. But my moron of a coworker has been here forever, and due to us being union workers, he can't be fired.

Aug 13, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 7
A lot of jobs are dysfunctional. I used to work for an organization that took donations for charity and basically upper management used the money for other things instead.

Plus the co workers were whacky and into heavy gossiping with each other.

If you’re in a job where people are whacky, it’s best to just keep to yourself. Smile and keep a low profile. Don’t attend any Christmas parties too. Some people get weird when they get too comfortable.

Aug 18, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 7
^Yeah I agree. Personally I never look at peoples Facebook posts though. But I know many people do.

i know gossiping is popular but personally I was never interested in personal lives of other people unless if there was something extremely bizarre like a weird arrest and police involvement.

Sep 4, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #6 of 7
Man, I have ditched my FB and Gram accounts, and life has been so much better and freed up without it. Its time to go incognito mode on everything...not worth the stress. More time for music.

Oct 9, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #7 of 7
I have mostly worked factory jobs. Normally work somewhere for 2 to 4 years then the place closes down or does a massive lay off and I have to look for a new job. Worked in machining, quality control, production/assembly and worked in an iron foundry for 4 years. Most of them are hot, dirty, physical and nasty jobs. I swear I almost died once a week in the foundry, what a dangerous crap hole that was. Now its a parking lot. Before that I was in the military. You want to see annoying, join the military. I saw a guy get fined 50 dollars per stripe because he wore socks with stripes on them instead of plain white or black socks. That no one could see, they had to have him lift his pant legs to look at them during an inspection. And we were mechanics! Who cares what kind of socks we wear? And I got in trouble for not having my coat zipped up once after a 15 hour shift working on a fighter jet. I just wanted some damn donuts and to go home and go to sleep. But nope, some paper pushing nerd turned me in because I forgot to zip up my coat after getting out of my car. And cried about my uniform being dirty. Uh, ya, I was a hydraulic tech on fighter jets, I tend to get dirty. Freaking moron.

I don't work anymore. I am disabled because of mental health issues, depression, anxiety and ptsd. I did kind of work though. For the past 5 or 6 years I was living with and caring for my mother who had full on dementia. I had to reverse the locks on the house because she would run away. And I had to put locks on the pantry and fridge because I would find food all over the house. Tv dinners in drawers, hot dogs in shoes, all kinds of weird stuff. And I had to block off most of the house because she liked to destroy things. She was also mentally and physically abusive and didn't know who I was half the time. She died in July. As crazy as it was, I still kind of miss her. And now I get to go through probate and figure out what to do with all her stuff. And find a new place to live. Which isn't the easiest thing to do when you make 800 bucks a month on SSI.

Your job doesn't that sound that bad honestly. Has your coworker tried to stab you yet? Did he pee on the floor in front of you like some kind of wild animal? Or flush a sock down the toilet and you had to reach into a dirty toilet with your hands to fix it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back