woot new car headunit on the way! :D
Sep 25, 2006 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

soloz2

Headphoneus Supremus
Yesterday I ordered an Eclipse CD4000 to replace my Pioneer DEH-7000R headunit that finally decided it didn't want to work anymore after 8-9 years of heavy use. It developed a short somewhere so it turns off every time I open the flap face to eject the CD, and with no power it won't eject the disc. I'm sure it's an easy fix, but it'll probably need a new switch or something like that and cost about what it's worth to fix it. Otherwise it's in mint condition.

but anywho, I'm excited as I originally wanted to get an Eclipse headunit years ago when I bought the Pioneer, but I was in highschool (currently married and in college... so not much difference LOL) and couldn't afford an Eclipse deck as they were outrageously priced! not that they are cheap now, but they are more reasonably priced now.

The stereo shop didn't have any in stock so I had to order it and they said a week-week and a half before it comes in... which is fine bc I live in the middle of nowhere and have to drive to Rochester to pick it up.

It'll go in my '99 Chrysler LHS
highend is all stock Infinity with the stock 240w Infinity amp
lowend is provided by this setup:
Kicker ZR360 amp powered by 4awg power cable and a 1fared Audio Bahn cap
1 Kicker 10SD Solo Baric subs in custom enclosures (built by me)
Stinger interconnects between the headunit and amp

Sep 25, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 2
Nice, I have a Kenwood KDC-X890 and am quite happy with it but I might have to sell it in a few months. I'm looking to buy a brand new car and if I do either I'm not going to change the sound system (if I get an Acura TL) or I'm going to change to a CarPC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back