Woops! UM1's purchased at an alarmingly fast rate.
Jan 7, 2006 at 3:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Prairie

New Head-Fier
I swear I just completely blacked out when I purchased my UM1's from American Techpushers.
smily_headphones1.gif

It seemed like I was just browing, the credit card fell out of my wallet, and I recieved my confirmation email.

Oh well, I'll let you know how I like them in a few days- after using the Grados on the airplane as they were the only thing available I decided it was time to get something that wouldn't leave me deaf after a few uses.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 13
FOTM!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey
FOTM!
smily_headphones1.gif

Bwahahaha!
smily_headphones1.gif

To Prairie: I have NEVER read a review of this 'phone, so I'll be genuinely interested to hear what you think of it. At the very least you'll be adding to forum knowledge...

Jan 7, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #4 of 13
I've heard a good thing about them here and there. It will be interesting.

I'm curious to see how they compare to the other IEM's i've used...truthfully I think I just like routing for the underdog companies.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prairie
I swear I just completely blacked out when I purchased my UM1's from American Techpushers.
smily_headphones1.gif

It seemed like I was just browing, the credit card fell out of my wallet, and I recieved my confirmation email.

Oh well, I'll let you know how I like them in a few days- after using the Grados on the airplane as they were the only thing available I decided it was time to get something that wouldn't leave me deaf after a few uses.
smily_headphones1.gif

lol...nice one...
icon10.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 10:43 AM Post #6 of 13
Not exactly the shopping experience we envisioned for our patrons. Of course we are quite happy that you purchased through American Techpushers. However we never intended for you to lose consciousness. We hope this is an isolated event and will monitor the situation very closely.

In an effort to ease the pain of the purchaser we have already boxed and slapped the shipping label on package. It will bill be going out with Mondays mail. Its 5:41AM Saturday Morning and the post office is closed.

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

Jan 7, 2006 at 3:27 PM Post #7 of 13
for a mere $200 more you can get the UM-2s which are way better. I bought both this week and tried then.

But in the end I am returning both and selling my Ipod because I am so used to hearing high res (DVD-A/SACD) music on my 5.1 audiophile speakers (with acoustic treatment) in my apartment that portable music just sounds too crappy to me even on great headphones and even when I rip them lossless. I listened to a few cds/SACDs/DVD-As on my system and then again (CD version) on the UM1 and UM2s through the Ipod and there were many sounds and ooomphs missing when going through the Ipod. So I'm just giving up on the portable music for now.

Jan 7, 2006 at 3:47 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prairie
Music on 5.1 speakers? Huh?

You can keep your "audiophile" speakers- I'll stick to my headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Just the DVD/SACDs. I dont listen to stereo tracks through 5.1, just multichannel music (DVDA/SACD - though some multichannel music is too gimmicky and I choose the high rez stereo option).

But anyways, back to OP. The UM-2s smoke the UM-1s in soundstage, bass, fun, and volume (thourgh an Ipod). The UM-1s are good though.

Jan 7, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #11 of 13
I have the UM1's as portable cans as well and find them to be great and balanced with lots of different types of music. i've heard the um2's as well and don't think the difference between the two warrants a 200 price gap. Sure there's more bass on the um2's and the soundstage is obviously better with two drivers but sometimes the um2's bass can overpower the highs and leave everything sounding slightly syrupy. a more logical upgrade path would be um1's to es2's !!
etysmile.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by K.Ashwood
Not exactly the shopping experience we envisioned for our patrons. Of course we are quite happy that you purchased through American Techpushers. However we never intended for you to lose consciousness. We hope this is an isolated event and will monitor the situation very closely.

In an effort to ease the pain of the purchaser we have already boxed and slapped the shipping label on package. It will bill be going out with Mondays mail. Its 5:41AM Saturday Morning and the post office is closed.

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back