WOOOOT! My KSC-35s finally came!
Nov 16, 2003 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

BaboonGuy

100+ Head-Fier
After ordering them last sunday, they show up this sunday! Odd, but I guess they ship on sunday? Anyways, I'm psyched, opening them now.

too bad i have the flu though, the experience will be lessened

Nov 16, 2003 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 14
take care of them, if it break, its better to use gel glue to fix it than to send it back to the company, they'll just send you back a pair of ksc50 as a replacement.

Nov 16, 2003 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 14
okay just plugged it back into the socket after i figured out how it should be aligned. the other one, i guess they are made to be loose so u can put them on easy. neways, they sound AWESOME. i love em. the bass is a bit much tho, my ears are sensitive. i'm thinkin about changin my eq to lower bass

edit: man britney spears never sounded better

btw this is my 1st headphone purchase, before i used $5 behind the head phones from radio shack and before that $30 streetstyle sonys

Nov 17, 2003 at 12:05 AM Post #6 of 14
Wasn't there some type of mod to make the KSC-50 sound relatively like the KSC-35? I think it involves removing some padding or something like that... essentially they're supposed to be the same driver, but the housing of the KSC-50 reduces the sound quality, am I right?

Quote:

Originally posted by BaboonGuy
edit: man britney spears never sounded better

Is that humanly possible?... I mean, nothing to do with the headphone...
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 17, 2003 at 12:07 AM Post #7 of 14
I like my 50's. They're a great intro to the world of good-sounding audio, and at a heck of a price! No sony Streetwhatevers can compare in terms of sound.

When I first got my 50's I was quite unadjusted to the amount of bass, largely due to having been exposed to none before. At this point I crave more, as I have become used to it. Hopefully the 325's will give me what I need.

Nov 17, 2003 at 7:57 AM Post #9 of 14
128bit MP3s SUCK!

after listening to these babies for a few hours, all my mp3s sound like crap. i just popped in some old cds and they sound GREAT. jeez, i need to refine my music collection now

also, what's this burn-in business about? how should i do it with my ksc-35s?

Nov 17, 2003 at 8:03 AM Post #10 of 14
don't worry about burn in. i'm a believer in it happening but i don't do anything about it. some people put a cd or something on repeat and then leave their headphones playing around the clock to speed up burn in. but i figure it's going to happen regardless so i just listen to music at whatever pace i usually do.

oh and if you needed to know, burn in is just the loosening of the headphone drivers when they're first unpackaged and played. don't worry too much about it.

Nov 22, 2003 at 4:12 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by terrymx
take care of them, if it break, its better to use gel glue to fix it than to send it back to the company, they'll just send you back a pair of ksc50 as a replacement.

are you referring to after the initial 30 day return period? My ksc-35's also arrived today with a clip problem, so I wanted to send them back for replacements. Will i get the ksc-50's instead? if so, i'll just ask for a refund i guess.

Nov 22, 2003 at 12:28 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by steel102
are you referring to after the initial 30 day return period? My ksc-35's also arrived today with a clip problem, so I wanted to send them back for replacements. Will i get the ksc-50's instead? if so, i'll just ask for a refund i guess.

Did you order these directly from Koss? I believe you they still have 35s in stock, so it should be no problem to request replacements. And they have a lifetime warranty.

Nov 22, 2003 at 2:50 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by BaboonGuy
also, what's this burn-in business about?

I'll be finding that out next weekend...

Bangraman has a pair of PX250s that he's had for a couple of months, and so far as i'm aware, doesn't blast them particularily when listening... whereas, I bought a pair about six weeks ago, and have been blasting them quite regularily...

...Just recently, they've seemed to sound extra sweet ~ next weekend will tell me if its my ears deceiving me, or if thrashing the cans has opened them up
biggrin.gif

Either way... congrats on getting the 35s... a great set of cans
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back