Wooooooooooowwww!!!!!!
Oct 23, 2002 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
I ordered a Ety P and a P to S cable a few days ago. My Ety arrived...but the adapter cable is backordered at HR :

At first I had alot of trouble with my Etys...but after replacing the filter in one and alot of futtsing I got it to work. AND BOY! DID IT WORK.

They sound amazing. They are better than my Grado SR80s in evering catagory except for ROCK.

Oct 23, 2002 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Wooooooooooowwww!!!!!!

That pretty much sums up the Ety sound.
biggrin.gif

Congratulations.

Oct 23, 2002 at 1:18 PM Post #3 of 11
how did i just know what the topic of this thread was???
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2002 at 1:21 PM Post #4 of 11
A small amount of rubbing alchohol on the silicone tips makes it alot easier to get a good seal. I have a small pump spray bottle that I carry in my bag and use it everytime. One bad thing about the Ety's IMO is that you soon realize how much you are missing with most other HP's. Few I have listened to come close.

Enjoy

Oct 23, 2002 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 11
If you're using the silicone tips, they will soften over time. I wash mine in a little dish detergent at the end of the day in addition to keeping them white, I believe it also helped to soften them up. After a week, week and a half, they'll be second nature to you and you won't feel them at all. Unless you get up and start walking that is...
biggrin.gif

Enjoy ! And welcome to Team Etymotic !

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2002 at 1:22 AM Post #8 of 11
I listen to rock/heavy metal and I am very close to buying the Ety's 4P with the converter cable. Is this worth the purchase or are there headphones better for this type of music. I really want something that is somewhat isolated because I am using KSC-35s right now and although they sound great, when I listen to music on the subway (which is usually when i only listen to music) the noise of the train really ruins my listening experience.

Oct 24, 2002 at 1:38 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by JVOBIKER
I listen to rock/heavy metal and I am very close to buying the Ety's 4P with the converter cable. Is this worth the purchase or are there headphones better for this type of music. I really want something that is somewhat isolated because I am using KSC-35s right now and although they sound great, when I listen to music on the subway (which is usually when i only listen to music) the noise of the train really ruins my listening experience.

At the risk of hijacking this thread, I can recommend the 4P's to you. They can handle anything you choose to throw at them. They have been my subway salvation
biggrin.gif
What source are you using ? The addtion of the 4P>4S adapter cable may necessitate an amp.

Oct 25, 2002 at 9:13 AM Post #11 of 11
I sold mine two weeks ago, and I am beginning to regret it. Seriously don't know what I was thinking.
frown.gif

Hopefully the HD600's + OBH-11SE that are on the way will make me a little happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back