WooHoo!! My HD480-13-II is here! "Story attached"
Sep 14, 2007 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

That dude

500+ Head-Fier
Finally after two weeks or so of being in the dark and nt knowing what's going on, my HD480 arrived just in time to brighten up my miserable day.

Story (skip this part if you want): Anyway, I really had a rotten week. First, one of my Super.Fi 5 pro's driver stopped working for some strange reason, then I bought the a sony D33 that has problems reading discs that have minute scratches on them, which is really irritating, and to add to that it doesn't come with a power adaper. My friend kindly offered me one but we couldn't meet due to exams. (argh! the agony!) Then I had 2 sleepless nights trying to cram in facts in preparation for my Biology after my Chemistry and Music exams for absolutely no reason, because, on the day of the exams, the test was postponed to next week. (ARGH!) If that wasn't enough, to add insult to injury, my friend accidentally hit my hand while I was tring to make a phone call and the phone flew off the second floor to the first and totally destroyed the screen. ("enter swearing here") The exams were extremely tough and the conditions for studying at home were dreadful.

Today however, when I entered my house after another stupid day of exams, I was faced with the HD480. I had the will to live again!!

Some Pics:

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

Impressions (After 6 hours of burn-in with pink noise)

I do not have a powerful amp to power these power hungry phones so my impressions may not be accurate. I'm simply driving them out of my Denon PMA-880r Stereo Amplifier.

I was amazed at the small size of the headphones and how comfortable they were to wear. The cups take some adjusting to, but after a while, it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing them. It seems pretty well made. It's a little "fiddily" but feels solid to touch.

I put on my favorite Dream Theater CD (Images and Words) and selected Metropolis. The sound came on and the first thing I noticed was the pronouced highs and detailed seperation. However, the soundstage is pretty narrow and centered. I can't say much more about the other areas of the sound (mids, bass) as it's just not fair to judge them before sufficient burn-in and amping. All I can say is that there is a feeling of a veil that must be lifted even though the bass is lacking in punch and power.

Overall however, pretty decent. I love the 1/4" plug, it's HUGE. -.-" (that sounded so wrong) Jokes aside, this headphone really brightened up my day and I want to thank Sennheiser for holding the competition and to be so generous as to give more than 1 headphone away, cause if they didn't I wouldn't have them and my week would have been an absolute train wreck.

THANK YOU SENNHEISER!

Sep 14, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #2 of 3
Ouch... you seem like you had a pretty rough week... Enjoy your headphones, man!

Sep 14, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 3
Just remember this as an entry level drug...later.

Enjoy the music....Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back