WooHoo! HD 580s on the way
Apr 12, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #16 of 24
My second pair of 580s arrived yesterday. I traded for my first pair here on Head-Fi, and I bought my second pair new from newegg. I liked my transaction with newegg...very fast shipping (two days).

I have been listening to the 580s for a few weeks. The last time I had listened to them was back in 1997. At that time, I had a headphone amp that featured an op-amp design. I was not impressed. Many amps and headphones later, I now have a Single Power PPX3. Wow! those 580s sound great! I have heard and owned many headphones, but the 580s are my favorite. They have a wonderfully refined, detailed, natural sound...and they are a superb investment..while they last.

My HD600 grills are on the way...

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #17 of 24
I was about to buy the 595s from you. Judging from your review, im glad i got the 580s new instead, and they only cost $5 more than what you were asking
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you have any recommendations for an around $100 amp?

I went over to newegg to read reviews for it, here is what someone posted, giving it 4/5 stars "I bought these headphones mainly for Counter-strike Source in order to hear nubs. I can hear nubs with precision, but still have to guess if they're above or below me (of course)." *sigh*

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #19 of 24
Im in the same situation, but from what I understand you have to either call them or order form the website in canadia.

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by wmbow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you order the Senn HD600 grills from? I was just on the Sennheiser website looking for them and can't find them.

Call Senn, use the search bar for the item #.

Apr 13, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #22 of 24
yeah, cables should definitely be the last step in the upgrade process. greater gains are made in upgrading your headphones, source, and amp, in that order i believe. ive tended to buy DIY budget cables from some of the guys who make them here in this forum (cantsleep, RnB180).

Apr 13, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I point out that you can't prefer something over something else with which you have no experience on? Sorry, I just can't let that comment slip through.
wink.gif

Regards.

Good point! Seriously; A good point!

It's true though; I have never bought anything that wasn't at the very least, at least a very good bet. Call it cowardice, call it timidity, call it overcautious, I dunno, but before I showed up in this place I always let the data and the numbers do the deciding. The data and data interpretation was King!

Now I find I listen as many opinions as I can hear, and take as many notes on as many comments as I can, and let the "words" be the final data to interpret. Data and numbers hold no particular advantage here! Words is King!

A whole 'nother ballgame!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back