Woody Darth Beyers has arrived!!! (Pics)
Jun 21, 2005 at 11:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

chungsoi

500+ Head-Fier
They're here!! And boy, do they look good.
rs1smile.gif
Thanks Larry!

I'm just burning these babies in as we speak and all I can say atm is WOW.

I'll post more comments on them in the upcoming few days but in the meantime, they say a pic is worth more than 1000 words, so here goes...

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

Jun 21, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 37
I really like the dark, rich color of that wood. Those look very nice! And the wood around the 1/8th jack just screams attention to detail, nice work Larry
smily_headphones1.gif

However, now those stock pads stick out like a sore thumb, you should get yourself some black RIT dye and go to town.

Jun 22, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #3 of 37
I know what you mean...if only Beyer makes some black velour pads.
tongue.gif

I'm not too sure about dyeing them myself, I've got a feeling it'll turn out tragic!

If I remember correctly, the dt770 M version has a black pleather-like pads, right?

How do these pads compare to the silver velours, in terms of SQ and comfort??

Jun 22, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 37
Wow. That's just so much better-looking than others I've seen, I love the way the woodgrain is matched horizontally, and the paduak (isn't it?) is beautiful as always. Let us know how they sound (are they used or did you get them Darthed from new?)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #5 of 37
The DT770-80 was bought from Larry brand new, and he sent it to me Darth Beyered! So I haven't heard the stock dt770's to make any comparisons.
tongue.gif

But I can tell you from the very limited listening I've had with these, they sounded bloody good! No signs of harshness in the treble, excellent soundstage (better than any cans I've tried), and incredible bass, IMO. The Beyer's did seem a bit boomy in the bass and slightly recessed in the mids compared to the sr225's with beta c-pads, but I'm hoping this will change as they clock in more hours.

Jun 22, 2005 at 4:41 AM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
I know what you mean...if only Beyer makes some black velour pads.
tongue.gif

I'm not too sure about dyeing them myself, I've got a feeling it'll turn out tragic!

If I remember correctly, the dt770 M version has a black pleather-like pads, right?

How do these pads compare to the silver velours, in terms of SQ and comfort??

In case you hadn't seen it,

Dyeing the Beyers

I haven't done it with my woodied/recabled 770s, but the look is very nice.

Jun 22, 2005 at 1:09 PM Post #9 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi

*sigh* Just PMed Salt Peanuts.

*evil laugh* Excellent
very_evil_smiley.gif

And to ShadyMilkman...yes. His headphones are the BeyerDynamic DT-770's, but he sent them to Larry at Headphile.com who replaced the stock plastic cups with his famed woodies. Check his site out, I'll bet you've never seen so many woodies at one time!

Jun 22, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #10 of 37
They look plasticy around the back of the cups. The band of plastic makes it look cheap. Just my views though. I also don't think the violet goes well with the dark coloured wood. Anyway, enjoy them.

Jun 22, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #11 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé
They look plasticy around the back of the cups. The band of plastic makes it look cheap. Just my views though. I also don't think the violet goes well with the dark coloured wood. Anyway, enjoy them.

IRL you can see that that isn't plastic, but rather textured metal. Nothing like bumpy black metal! The cups that used to be on there were plastic, but obviously they are replaced by wood now. The violet pads (actually silver IRL) do look a bit funny against the red and black of the rest of the can - but he's going to do a little dye job on those, right?
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 22, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé
I also don't think the violet goes well with the dark coloured wood.

Violet? What violet?

And trust me, there's nothing cheap about them. Anyone who has seen Larry's work up close immediately knows that his work is impeccable. Just check out his feedback.

Jun 22, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #14 of 37
It could be the picture or lighting, but I think the color is closer to a maroon/redish
confused.gif

Jun 22, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
Violet? What violet?

And trust me, there's nothing cheap about them. Anyone who has seen Larry's work up close immediately knows that his work is impeccable. Just check out his feedback.

I don't even bother responding to people like this.

It's clear that his comment was instigative in nature and had no purpose but to be just that. Just love that last sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back