Wooden Giant Killer IEMs?
Feb 21, 2016 at 8:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

18SMiTH19

New Head-Fier
Hi HeadFiers! I'm Smith(my first name), 25, from the Philippines. This is my first post. Well, second actually. I mistakenly posted my first thread on the wrong place. I'm just new here but I've already read a lot of helpful, helpful reviews, suggestions, tips, etc. So thank you so much to all of you contributors.

I would like to ask you guys of what do you think about Wooden IEMs? Or what are your thoughts about them? And how do you compare them with metal and plastic IEMs? How do you compare their SQ, and build quality considering they're made of wood? And lastly, could you please recommend me atleast one wooden IEM. Thanks a lot

Feb 21, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 6
I should think the answer here would change from manufacturer to manufacturer. Wood can be used to great effect in the right hands, or it can be garbage. Asking for generalizations won't help you find a quality earphone.

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #3 of 6
PinkyPowers> I'm sorry. But I don't really know anything about wooden IEMs. :) I've just got into this hubby just recently. In fact, I just bought my second IEM a couple of weeks go. A Xiaomi Mi Piston 3. Yes, a cheap pair of phones. But, sounds really nice, atleast for me. My first was a full-aluminium IEM which resembled the Full Metal Jacket by Skullcandy. That was from Infiniti if I'm not mistaking. Anyways, thank you for your response. I just want some wooden IEM recommendations. Preferably affordable ones.

Feb 22, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #4 of 6
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017H0371E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

with these tips:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DKZP7A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

Funny that the tips I recommend cost more than the IEMs, but when it comes to IEMs, tips are roughly half the sound.  I have, own and love those IEMs, and I've owned a few pairs of much more expensive IEMs that I think those innateck woodies beat out.

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #5 of 6
Thank you for the response. I'll include that on my list.

I just have one question. Do all, or atleast 'most' of wooden IEMs have an acceptable sound? Do most of them deliver high amount of bass?

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #6 of 6
Thank you for the response. I'll include that on my list.

I just have one question. Do all, or atleast 'most' of wooden IEMs have an acceptable sound? Do most of them deliver high amount of bass?

they vary a lot.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back