Wood stand for my iMod/Hornet
May 9, 2007 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

warrior05

Headphoneus Supremus
I often listen to either my iMod through my Headfive or my iMod through my Hornet on my desk. I thought it would be nice to have a little stand where my iMod could stay plugged in for charging and also be at a comfortable viewing angle. So I built this little stand out of some douglas fir I have laying around. Most of it was done with my table saw. The cut out for the docking connector was done with a chisel. I lined the bottom with some self sticking rubber a la swt61's stands.

The cool thing is the iMod/Hornet is very stable while on the stand and makes queuing up songs nice and easy and a one-handed operation. Simple project and the darn thing works. I'm happy.

stand1pd2.jpg

stand2is0.jpg

May 9, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 7
Looks really nice. I've been thinking about doing one of these myself, but I will try to make it a "real" dock, using a bare dock connector stuck to the wood and RCA's on the back!

May 9, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 7
Good idea. I had thoughts of doing more but I wanted to get something done relatively quick so I kept it simple. I actually planned on incorporating a headphone stand but after making one wrong cut it turned back into a simple DAP/amp stand.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back