Wooaudio new Stax amplifier
Sep 11, 2006 at 2:14 PM Post #17 of 40
Does this mean that this could be the WA6?

phono_1024x768.JPG

Sep 12, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #20 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Polski
Does this mean that this could be the WA6?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs
Wow, that looks nice.

that is a pretty picture, but i doubt that's the actual amp as it's labeled "phono amp"

Sep 12, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #21 of 40
Head to head comparisons of my McAlister to HEV90s, that I've done at several meets, showed that the HEV90 is clearly superior. Several listeners concluded that the McAlister's performance was about 85% that of the HEV90, and the HEV90 remains my reference standard. I'm hoping, at future meets, to compare Dr. Wu's amp., and the Aristaeus, to the McAlister, and I'll assume that they approximate the performance of the HEV90, if either of these two amps is clearly superior to the McAlister. BTW, Peter McAlister may be producing a new upgraded amp., and I wonder whether Justin has actually shipped any Aristaeus amps. Has anyone received theirs, or evaluated their Aristaeus' performance with an HE90?

Sep 12, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
and I wonder whether Justin has actually shipped any Aristaeus amps. Has anyone received theirs, or evaluated their Aristaeus' performance with an HE90?

Nope, no Aristaeus shipped yet...

Sep 12, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #23 of 40
I wouldn't expect the Woo to best the HEV90. Kevin didn't think it held a candle to the KGSS which is bested in that last percentile way by the KGBH.

What I want to see is someone step up and start building the KGST.

Sep 13, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
Will Justin's phantom amp. ever emerge?

That's a tough question...
One year ago I asked Santa Claus to bring me an Aristaeus... and he didn't!
I wrote him a letter asking if he could do it this year... Still waiting for his reply!
tongue.gif

Sep 13, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
I don't think so Mike,but he's got 2 weeks to make it happen.Gary.

Really? Why two weeks?

Sep 13, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #28 of 40
Because I've been waiting 13 ********* months for this amp and there is always another excuse.I think I might be the first person to pay for this amp,unless someone else paid before last August
mad.gif
.Gary.

Sep 13, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #29 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solude
What I want to see is someone step up and start building the KGST.

There doesn't seem to be much information around about the KGST other than that it supposedly supersedes the KGBH. Is there any more information or circuits doing the rounds? Do we know the maximum output voltage? I'm guessing it would be cheaper to build than buying an ES-1.
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mirumu
There doesn't seem to be much information around about the KGST other than that it supposedly supersedes the KGBH. Is there any more information or circuits doing the rounds? Do we know the maximum output voltage? I'm guessing it would be cheaper to build than buying an ES-1.
wink.gif

If you email Kevin he might give you the schematic. Naturally you'll have to build one then.

Although, if you do, I seriously despair for ever getting my HE60s back...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back