Wooaudio made Here?
Mar 12, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by phaseshift /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the Wooaudio amps really made here or in China. Some guy is telling me this is just another amp made in China. I rhink he's crazy, if not I want to know.

Jack Wu is in New York, and I believe he does his own labor, so yes, the Wooaudio products are made in America.

Mar 12, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #4 of 11
they're American; people seem to get the misconception that they're Chinese a lot. probably because of the name...

also, on a related note, the black Woo amps look really sexy. a lot more attractive than the silver ones, IMO.

Mar 12, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they're American; people seem to get the misconception that they're Chinese a lot. probably because of the name...

also, on a related note, the black Woo amps look really sexy. a lot more attractive than the silver ones, IMO.

Sexy in silver
biggrin.gif

IMG_0229.jpg

Mar 12, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #7 of 11
Jack Woo has a New York address. Since he's completing a black GES amp. for my HE90 right now, we've corresponded frequently, and he just sent me a photo of my mostly completed unit. I'm quite certain that it's being assembled by him in New York City. I expect that Jack will demo my electrostat amp at the National Meet in San Jose.

Mar 12, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #11 of 11
no bother to build them in China if the builder is living in the US and there aren't lots of demand of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back