WooAudio 6 impedance switch
Mar 23, 2008 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

phaseshift

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All, I have a WooAudio 6 powering my AKG K701 headphones, and just noticed that the impedance switch on the back seems to work in reverse. It's marked high impedance 100 to 600 ohms in the up position, and I think low 32 to 90 in the bottom position. Yet I get a louder sound in the high up position than in the low down position. Does everyone else notice the same thing? Now I am using a very long extension cord on the headphones, some 15 feet I think. Should this not be the other way around? perhaps the 15 foot extension cord is adding to much resistance. I'm getting plenty of volume though.

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 13
I guess you have to open the back up and flip that switch-thingy around.
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 13
No, mine works correctly. It is an easy fix or just use it opposite of marked, which is what I would probably do.

Mar 23, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #7 of 13
Agreed, mine works just fine, and I would just reverse it 'in my mind' :)

Cheers,

Mar 24, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine doesn't do anything.
confused.gif

With my Sennheiser HD650's I hear little difference though I hear a slightly more transparent sound on the high impedance but the volume does not change. What headphones do you use?

Mar 24, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With my Sennheiser HD650's I hear little difference though I hear a slightly more transparent sound on the high impedance but the volume does not change. What headphones do you use?

I use AKG K701's, and can definitely hear a difference in loudness when I flick the switch. The bass tightens up also.

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My main two are a Grado 325i and Senn HD600.

I have plugged each into the amp and flipped the impedance switch while listening and I didn't detect anything. I'll have to try it again and listen VERY closely to see what happens.

Mar 25, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #12 of 13
I keep mine flipped up, because it sounds better that way, and it is slightly louder when I flip the switch up with low impedance (Grado and Ultrasone) phones. It may be that the WA6 tries to give it some extra "juice" when you plug in high impedance phones and choose the high setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back