Woo WA7 vs. Resonessence Concero HP vs. Oppo HP-1 vs. Marantz HD-DAC1
Jan 6, 2015 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kertupnorth

New Head-Fier
Hi All. I will be pairing this amp/DAC with some HD650's and will be mainly listening to audio through with my laptop as a source. I listen to mainly Rock, Blues, Afrobeat, Reggae, with a tiny bit of Country and Classical. I tend to like things revealing but on the warmer side. Have spent a lot of time with a pair of Canton CT-2000 speakers, a Sansui TU-9900 tuner, and a Redgum RGi60 integrated amp. Love the old analogue sound...but not muddy...just groovy for lack of a better way to put it. Which of the above amps...or new suggestions in that price range (trying to stick right around 1K) would be my best bet? 

Feb 7, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #4 of 8
Good question! I'm interested in this comparison as well. I currently have the OPPO HA-1 at home and love it with my Alpha Dogs and now Alpha Primes. The balanced output sounds amazing! Also use it as a preamp for a simple 2-channel setup. But now I'm looking for a smaller DAC/amp for work. 

Be great if OPPO made a "lite" version of the HA-1. Keep the same great DAC, amp, and digital inputs, but ditch the Bluetooth, display, remote, and pre outs. Then put it in a smaller form factor and price it in the $600–$800 range and they'd have another winner!

Feb 20, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 8
  Good question! I'm interested in this comparison as well. I currently have the OPPO HA-1 at home and love it with my Alpha Dogs and now Alpha Primes. The balanced output sounds amazing! Also use it as a preamp for a simple 2-channel setup. But now I'm looking for a smaller DAC/amp for work. 

Be great if OPPO made a "lite" version of the HA-1. Keep the same great DAC, amp, and digital inputs, but ditch the Bluetooth, display, remote, and pre outs. Then put it in a smaller form factor and price it in the $600–$800 range and they'd have another winner!

I am also looking for a smaller version of HA-1, I was thinking of Resonessence Concero HP version but doesn't have an output (completely useless).

Is there any similar dac/amp to HA1/Concero sound quality with outputs ?

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #6 of 8
I have both the WA7 and Concero HP. Based on your preferences I would recommend the WA7.

The concero HP has very clean sound with slightly deeper bass. I like this unit because it does not require any extra power. It runs off the USB power. I tend to run this with Vmoda M100.

But I absolutely love my WA7. It is clean and warm sounding. You can change the characteristics of the sound with different tubes. Plus it also has absolutely no hiss from the unit. I run AKG Q701 with this.

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #8 of 8
Great post. Also interested in impressions. I'm very new to this. I picked up the HD-DAC1 to try out. It sounds pretty good. But I don't know any better. So wondering how they stack up against the other 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back