Woo WA5-LE - ordered!
Mar 26, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #106 of 116
Very nice Lee! My WA5 should ship in a week. Unfortunately, mine will only be *stock* but with better tubes. I am also hoping that ECD-1 + WA5 LE + HD800 will stop my upgrading for quite a while (there is always tube rolling though.
smily_headphones1.gif
) Reading this has made me think that I made the right decision.

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #108 of 116
Any more impressions on the WA5 with different speakers?

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #109 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any more impressions on the WA5 with different speakers?

So far I've only tested them with vintage speakers. I tried a set of bookshelf vintage Marantz speakers and 1980's Kenwood floor speakers. They sounded very good with the Woo. The sound was warm and full and non fatiguing. I hope to get some more higher end speakers sometime in the near future.

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #111 of 116
So what high end speakers would work really relatively well with the WA5?

The only way I can justify(and I'm not talking about justifying the sound quality, simply economics right now. lol) the price is if I can double it up as a speaker amp. Then I can eliminate the cost of a seperate speaker amp.

Apr 10, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #113 of 116
I finally hooked up a set of Insignia bookelf speakers and I have to admit, it sounds pretty amazing. These Insignias are budget speakers so I imagine with better speakers it will be awesome as well. Hopefully I'd like to get a set of Omega speakers in the near future.

Apr 10, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #114 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Omega speakers

Some great reviews and they look really nice but I haven't heard them...yet.

Also stuff from Klipsch Heritage line - which I have hear a lot and like.

klipsch

Pretty much 6rfan... most speakers that are not crazy low on impedance (keep it in the 6ohm - 8ohm+ range) and that have high sensitivity ratings.. (I would recommend over 94dB, but some lower ones can work)

Cheers,

Apr 10, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #116 of 116
Doh!....

I like the compact nature of the Cary and the warm rich sound.. just a magic piece of equipment.

Now that my wa5 is maxed out and powered by the WE 300B's.... I would keep it. Higher resolution, and more control over the headphones. Runs my L3000's, K1000's as well and possible future speaker use.

Now, I don't want to think about it anymore...
frown.gif
hard to think about letting the Cary go.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back