Woo-hoo, got my Sony D-25S!
Jan 24, 2002 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
I just received it yesterday and man is this thing preeeetty. At first I thought mine was DOA, but I found out I had the power adapter plug "M" backwards. Oops.
eek.gif
It sounds as good as it looks too. I was listening to Creed's new CD this morning and it rocks. I was using my 250 ohm Beyer DT 770 headphones right out of the headphone jack and it could drive them to reasonable Rock levels at volume level 6. This is fantastic little player and if it had skip protection it would be perfect.

Oops again, I put this in the wrong forum.
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2002 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 13
Congrats, acid.......I feel the same way about this little jewel as you do. Seeing it, feeling it,hearing it makes we wonder hat ever happened to quality?
confused.gif

BTW.....I moved your thread to the proper forum.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2002 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 13
Now all you guys are making me jealous. I ordered mine on the 18th and it's scheduled to arrive today on the 24th. I entered the tracking number on ups.com and it is now "in transit" and "out for delivery from sweetwater houston tx. I don't even know where that is, but hopefully it should get here soon. When did yours arrive exactly? In the morning or afternoon?

Jan 24, 2002 at 8:39 PM Post #4 of 13
Mine arrived yesterday morning. I told a few friends and one of them called me up and asked me to order one for him. He's a System's Manager and blocked the Ebay site even for himself.
eek.gif
Idiot.
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2002 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 13
Yeah I just got mine today...been listening to it for awhile now. One word...WOW. It's looks great and sounds great to boot. Also its line out does a great job for MD recording. Now am going to get another one as a back-up. They just don't make things like they used to...sigh..
wink.gif

Jan 24, 2002 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 13
you guys are killing me. I'm at work, and my d-25 was delivered today- but since no one was home, the nice guys at the pharmacy across the street agreed to sign for it for me. Unfortunately, they close at 6 today, and i work until 7 and them have a guest speaker for one of my classes. No sony for me until tomorrow.
mad.gif

Jan 25, 2002 at 2:18 AM Post #8 of 13
The d-25s arrived today via ups packaged in 3/4 of its original styrofoam. It looks good, but alas it skips (hence the "s").

On each disc tested the unit begins at 00, rolls to 01 and skips a beat every 20-40 seconds. When it doesn't skip it sounds good.

So it looks good, it sounds good but it skips. Are others having this problem? What have the folks at SS (see more esses) said about this behavior? Should I return the unit?

Jan 25, 2002 at 2:44 AM Post #9 of 13
Call Silicon Salvage on Friday (remember the 3 hour timezone difference), explain what happened, and ask them to send you another. They're great to deal with.

Jan 26, 2002 at 12:08 AM Post #10 of 13
Following the sage advice of JML regarding the D-25S that skips, I emailed silicon salvage this morning. Received 2 emails:

the first expressing regrets, reporting about a 10% problem rate and promising to ship a replacement today.

the second confirming shipment of the replacment unit.

They are on the ball.

Jan 26, 2002 at 5:34 AM Post #11 of 13
I like my D25s too, but I find it to be TERRIBLY bright! My Grado 225's just hurt with these headphones, and they rob them of the Grado bass impact. With my Sennheiser 495's however they acheive a much better balance. Sennheiser owners, I think the Sony D25s is for you. For team Grado, your Pana 570 will do just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back