Woo Audio1 Review
Apr 1, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #16 of 23
Re: Can you post pictures of the unit in your system? I can host them if you need a host.

I am afraid the posting pictures would not help very much. I have the Woo Audio1 on a bookshelf approximately 6 feet from my system rack. It looks pretty much like the pictures on Mr. Woo's website.

I appreciate the logistic/rack fit issues however. The reason I searched for another amplifier over the Melos SHA1 is that the Melos SHA1 does not fit on the bookshelf due to its footprint.

Apr 22, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #17 of 23
I pulled the trigger and ordered a wooAudio a minute ago
600smile.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...092064681&rd=1

The new one has bigger volume knobs and rca input on the back. I hope to confirm your findings!

Apr 22, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #18 of 23
Very cool!

I spit the money out for a custom one. I anticipate it arriving late next week. I can't wait!!!

Hey, his new knob looks really good
frown.gif
I'm not getting that one with mine...oh well.

Apr 22, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #19 of 23
nice. new volume knob design, and the RCA plugs are in the back where they belong (or at least I prefer them to be in the back with the power cord). I wonder how these sound with low impedance headphones such as the audio technica wood series and the high end grados (the cans I have or will have shortly).

Apr 22, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #20 of 23
The amp is customizable. I'll post pics of mine when it arrives.

Apr 22, 2004 at 5:11 AM Post #21 of 23
cool, I have read about the customizing when it was first spotted but I assumed that design elements such as the position of plugs, knobs, tubes, etc. would be unchangable. very interesting.

Apr 22, 2004 at 5:15 AM Post #22 of 23
It's a point to point wired amp that Woo makes one at a time, so things of this nature are somewhat flexible
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back