Woo Audio WA7 +WA7tp vs Chord MOJO vs Bottlehead Crack+speedball
Mar 31, 2020 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Phishin Phool

500+ Head-Fier
So with the plague confining everybody to isolation, even though I am still working 2 jobs (Healthcare provider and college instructor moved- to online) my vacation was cancelled and I find myself with extra time and some extra cash so I decided to add a new amp and was considering a 2nd gen WA7 fireflies + WA7 and nearly ready to pull the trigger but have also alternately considered Chord Mojo or Bottlehead Crack with Speedball upgrade. MY primary phones are Fostex TH600 lawton wood cups/modded with Brainwave Lambskin angled pads and a Beyerdynamic DT990pro. Opinions: would the Fireflies be a good choice or do one of the other choices seem like a better fit. I mostly listen to Grateful Dead / Phish / Bluegrass, Folk and some classic rock and country. Will also entertain other recommendations. I typically prefer tube amps

THanks in advance JK

Apr 8, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 2
The crack is not a good option for those Fostex. It’s output impedance is very high, and so would require high impedance headphones, such as some sennheisers or your dt990. The crack is one to consider if you’d like to have some fun building it, and it is VERY upgradeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back