Woo Audio WA6 SE in da house! (Lots of photos)
Jan 21, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #16 of 83
Very nice...all of it. The old Pioneer gear, the Meridian CDP....even the chair is cool...interesting way to swap out CD's while seated, just reach down
bigsmile_face.gif
....I notice the Fender Deville...what's the amp on the floor ? A Bassman or Tweed without the covering or is it a Victoria 50212 ? You a Fender or Gibson man ?

Love the clean lines of the whole system !!! The Sophia Mesh plate....ah....I sure could use one of those to.

I love the silver case work of those Woo amps. I bet they sound good to
biggrin.gif

You've certainly chosen a great headphone amp to bust your cherry with....

Peete.

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #17 of 83
Thanks for the nice comments Pricklely Peete!
It is actually a modified Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Limited Edition Amp. I have it set up for Blues harp. This entails different tubes than what is used for a guitar. I also use a Weber Mass attenuator so I can crank up the amp to distortion without getting too loud for a raspy bluesy sound. The amp on top is a Fender Blues Junior also with modified tubes. If I were to play guitar it would be a Gibson ES 335 all the way!!

dscn0010ol3.jpg

dscn0035bg3.jpg

dscn0122yn3.jpg

Here are some of my vintage amps from 1940’s through the early 1960’s.

dscn0081xv3.jpg

dscn0077iu4.jpg

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #18 of 83
Great pics, Ray! I love all of your gear, especially the vintage Pioneer integrated amp/tuner.

I guess you were able to make it all function in the way that you wanted. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from it!

P.S. Woohoo, my 1000th post.

Jan 22, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #20 of 83
To the OP, CrazyRay, you have a fine headphone amp in the WA6 SE. I would find it difficult to see the advantages of owning an HP amp costing 4x or more as much. I listened to several very expensive amps at Can Jam '08, and, to me, the WA6 SE is every bit as good. The WA6 SE should last you for many years.

Jan 22, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #24 of 83
Nice Ray...if I'm back in Chi Town after school I could stop by and we could host the Chicago WA6 Owners club :)

Jan 22, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #25 of 83
I love the WA6SE!! Mine is Maxxed with the stepped attenuator and it always satisfies and captures the soul and emotion of the performance...it flat makes Music.

Congratulations on a fine choice..it will give you many years of delightful and trouble free service. When your not listening to recorded Music it appears you like making your own...nice studio set-up Sir!
L3000.gif

Jan 22, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #26 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the WA6SE!! Mine is Maxxed with the stepped attenuator and it always satisfies and captures the soul and emotion of the performance...it flat makes Music.

When I first heard the WA6SE at a meet, I listened carefully with my reference CD that I was familiar with and I was really amazed. I think it was the stock unit though but it truly is an awesome amp and a really good value price wise.

Jan 22, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #27 of 83
Your RS-1's look simply fekkin amazing. I love the dark mahogany look. BTW are those modded? They look a little deep (the RS-1)

Jan 22, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #29 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your RS-1's look simply fekkin amazing. I love the dark mahogany look. BTW are those modded? They look a little deep (the RS-1)

Hello Vandal,
Those are Grado Elite’s from headphile
Here is his description:

Wide tops, deep version with multiple layers of Ebony and
Bloodwood with matching end tips, splitter, CJC on the 2.0 meter BlackGold
to Neutrik 1/4" plug, with domed stealth screens. Rare Joe Grado red
lettered headband with black rod locks, new flat pads (and bowls). Drivers
current Grado, 325i tweaked by HEADPHILE.

hd4bea1.jpg

hd4iy2.jpg

hd4ady0.jpg

Jan 22, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #30 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Vandal,
Those are Grado Elite’s from headphile

Now, THAT is a nice looking head phone!
How do they sound with the WA6SE??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back