Woo Audio WA23.....
Oct 9, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #107 of 516
I found a dealer, Audio 46, that had 1 in stock (their only one)! I ordered it 2 days ago and I get it today! I'm looking forward to using it with my Grimm MU1/Innous PhoenixNET, and Bricasti M1SE DAC. Headphones in my collection that I'll try with it are the Susvara, DCA Expanse, 1266TC, Utopia and Verite Open. I also bought several tubes to roll into the WA23.

No wonder they didn't have one available to demo at their store...lol

What tubes are you planning to roll into it? I hear that it sounds very good with the stock tubes already

Oct 9, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #108 of 516
No wonder they didn't have one available to demo at their store...lol

What tubes are you planning to roll into it? I hear that it sounds very good with the stock tubes already
The stock tubes sound excellent. I’m very happy with the sound of the stock tubes. I bought the upgraded tubes mentioned earlier in this thread, Psvane WR2A3 power tubes. I also picked up NOS RCA 5U4 rectifier tubes and a backup pair of stock 6C45 tubes. I have a lot of new stuff in this system burning in, including a Grimm Audio MU1 streamer/server w/8TB SSD (arrived today), a new Revelation Audio Labs AES cable, new Innous PhoenixNET network switch and several new Triode Wire Labs cables. Since I have added so many new components to this system, I‘m not going into details about the sound other than it already sounds great.

Oct 14, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #109 of 516
The Psvane WR2A3 tubes have been discontinued. I received notification from the Chinese seller on AliExpress that those tubes are no longer available and they refunded my money. Anyone try the Psvane ACME 2A3? I exchanged emails with Mike @ Woo Audio and he says that it's a nice upgrade from the stock tubes.

Oct 22, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #110 of 516
The Psvane WR2A3 tubes have been discontinued. I received notification from the Chinese seller on AliExpress that those tubes are no longer available and they refunded my money. Anyone try the Psvane ACME 2A3? I exchanged emails with Mike @ Woo Audio and he says that it's a nice upgrade from the stock tubes.
Wondering this as well :/.

Oct 22, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #111 of 516

The PSVANE ACME 2A3 tubes have a bright signature, so if your headphones are already revealing, it may be too much to listen to. I plugged them into my WA33 a long time ago and preferred the WR2A3.

The best thing you can get for a Woo tube amp is the Takatsuki 2A3 tubes, which has a warm, ultra-smooth signature without losing details. They're worth the money. I use them with my WA33.

Oct 23, 2022 at 1:30 AM Post #112 of 516
The PSVANE ACME 2A3 tubes have a bright signature, so if your headphones are already revealing, it may be too much to listen to. I plugged them into my WA33 a long time ago and preferred the WR2A3.

The best thing you can get for a Woo tube amp is the Takatsuki 2A3 tubes, which has a warm, ultra-smooth signature without losing details. They're worth the money. I use them with my WA33.
Personally I’m never a PSVANE guy, period.

Hate them on 3SE, Woo23, Woo33, as well as other brands as BHSE. That tubes even made me want to sell my T2 lol

It sounds fake opposite to analogueness nor realism. I acknowledge they have great cymbals, control and HiFi MSG at the loss of body, soul and musicality.

Oct 23, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #113 of 516
@hifixman do you prefer the Luna stock than with the PSVANE WR2A3? Since I fell in love with it on the latter I’m bummed to hear they’re discontinued. Is the difference that noticeable? I really like the balance of technicality and engaging musicality when I heard it at CanJam.

Oct 23, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #114 of 516
@hifixman do you prefer the Luna stock than with the PSVANE WR2A3? Since I fell in love with it on the latter I’m bummed to hear they’re discontinued. Is the difference that noticeable? I really like the balance of technicality and engaging musicality when I heard it at CanJam.
Different strokes for different folks, it is just my personal preference.

Oct 23, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #115 of 516
Different strokes for different folks, it is just my personal preference.
I know, I’m just genuinely interested in your perceived differences, and what you’d recommend. You may have mentioned this before so forgive me if I missed it.

Oct 23, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #117 of 516
Thank you. I've never heard the amplifier in the stock configuration, but your analogy above has given me some slight relief as I won't necessarily be trying to chase down a supposedly discontinued item ( at least not immediately).

Oct 25, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #119 of 516
Interesting to read your impressions of the Psvane 2A3s, @hifixman. It makes sense - I think maybe one reason why I like this amp with those tubes was the detail was ultra life-like. Normally I'm a more "smooth" sound kind of listener, but even with Susvara, I've really been enjoying that realism that I assume I'm getting more of with these Psvane 2a3 tubes. These tubes I think are also a good match for my ZMF and Audeze headphones because those headphones are a less revealing, so I think these tubes balance them well. I have not heard the WA23 with stock 2A3 or Takatsuki tubes, but now that I've got this amp, I'm going to keep that recommendation in the back of my pocket for when the tubes need to be replaced!

Oct 25, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #120 of 516
Interesting to read your impressions of the Psvane 2A3s, @hifixman. It makes sense - I think maybe one reason why I like this amp with those tubes was the detail was ultra life-like. Normally I'm a more "smooth" sound kind of listener, but even with Susvara, I've really been enjoying that realism that I assume I'm getting more of with these Psvane 2a3 tubes. These tubes I think are also a good match for my ZMF and Audeze headphones because those headphones are a less revealing, so I think these tubes balance them well. I have not heard the WA23 with stock 2A3 or Takatsuki tubes, but now that I've got this amp, I'm going to keep that recommendation in the back of my pocket for when the tubes need to be replaced!
I got you brother even Hd800s sound too dark with the stock tubes, perfect for Susvara though to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back