Woo Audio WA2 tube rolling improve performance with Audeze LCD-2
Mar 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mwindham08

100+ Head-Fier
I have a WA2 paired with the Beyer T1 and as noted it frequently around here it sounds great!
However my head-fi curiousity has recently got the best of me and I have purchased the Audeze LCD-2's.

I know the WA2 and LCD-2's are not an optimal match and that there are better matches out there
but it will be a while before I can purchase an amp better suited to the orthos.

My question is if using the Tung-sol 5998 tubes will help the WA2 power the LCD-2's a little better
than the stock tubes. I also am using some Amperex 6DJ8/ECC88 Orange Globes for the pre amp tubes.

I have seen a few reviews that had the WA2 and the LCD-2 but I think they were using the stock tubes in most 
of them. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 2
After receiving my LCD-2's and having a good month to listen my opinion is that even with the 5998's the WA2 is no the right amp for these headphones.

There was little bass impact and with the LCD's dark signature combined with the WA2 they sounded quite muddled and restricted.
The 5998's were an improvement over the stock tubes, just not enough of an improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back