Woo Audio WA11 Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Feb 14, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #196 of 774
So, based on the instruction from this video, it appears the Line In is only for balanced sources even though a 4.4mm plug can be built unbalanced. Do I have this right?
Yes, which is a little weird because most balanced inputs work just fine with single ended signals. If in fact the line in is delicate and can be damaged by a single ended source, I would be worried of it being damaged by a balanced source it doesn't like. @HiFiGuy528 do you have the requirements needed for a balanced source in order for it to be safe to use with the WA11?

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #197 of 774
The prototype (formerly Passport) sounded warmer and more musical than Hugo 2 and iDSD BL. Granted, both have bass boost and other filters, so sound could be tweaked!
Personally, I felt the proto was the most tube sounding solid-state amp that I auditioned. That sold me and I placed an order :wink:

Pure Class A SS amps generally sound that way, very smooth with ultra low distortion in the upper frequencies. The reason for my interest ...

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #198 of 774
If there is a way to use an unbalanced source (providing the circuit sends signal to the ¼ jack, perhaps Woo can supply a cable option so no one has to worry about damaging the WA11.

This leads me to ask whether the line in feeds both headphone jacks ...

Feb 15, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #199 of 774
Does this Woo11 work well with iem, or exclusively headphones only? I mean is there hiss etc

Feb 15, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #202 of 774
I’ve not received any info from WooAudio, but I only paid the $100 deposit. Has anyone been contacted to complete payment?

I was in contact w/Mike from Woo Audio earlier this week. He explained to me that pre-ordered WA11 will go out as the orders came in. First ones to ship will be first orders received. He said the orders being shipped out this week were for the first people that place their order in May 2018.

I'll have to be wait my turn. My pre-order was placed in Sept 2018. So I think many will get the WA11 before me. That's OK. You have to be fair with these things. First come, first served.

Feb 16, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #204 of 774
Mike told me most orders will ship in March ...

Feb 18, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #208 of 774
My pre-order placed (and paid in full) on Aug. 18, 2018 and still - nothing... :anguished:

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #209 of 774
@Zachik, I'm sure yours is being shipped out too any day now.

I know a batch went out last week. I also know some people were able to buy units on site at Can Jam NYC this weekend. And of course Woo needed display models to show customers also for Can Jam. My guess is they had to recount the number they had on hand and figure out who to send them to. I'm on the West Coast, and being shipped from the East Coast will still take awhile. So in truth, I dont know when I will receive my WA11.

The email Jack sent asked me to confirm shipping address & contact information. And said the unit will ship sometime this week. I confirmed. Now I will wait excitedly.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #210 of 774
@Zachik, I'm sure yours is being shipped out too any day now.

I know a batch went out last week. I also know some people were able to buy units on site at Can Jam NYC this weekend. And of course Woo needed display models to show customers also for Can Jam. My guess is they had to recount the number they had on hand and figure out who to send them to. I'm on the West Coast, and being shipped from the East Coast will still take awhile. So in truth, I dont know when I will receive my WA11.

The email Jack sent asked me to confirm shipping address & contact information. And said the unit will ship sometime this week. I confirmed. Now I will wait excitedly.
I am in CA as well. In my case, since I bought from Woo before - maybe they just did not need to confirm my address (wishful thinking here... :wink:)
Oh well - it will arrive when it does...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back