Woo Audio WA11 Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Oct 14, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #91 of 774
Anyone has impressions on this?
Planning on using it via 4.4 out with my 1Z.
Impressions much appreciated.

I’m with you. There’s not much known about the amp yet. There’s been a few lucky headfiers that has gotten a chance to listen it. But from what I’ve been reading the units out there are all preproduction models. We’ll now more in the coming months once it’s been officially released
I have posted in the RMAF impressions thread... Basically, this little guy has got a lot of power, very smooth and pleasing mids, potent and impressive lows.
I have already pre-ordered mine :wink: Love the Woo house sound, and this is no different (other than not having tubes...)

Oct 14, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #92 of 774
I have posted in the RMAF impressions thread... Basically, this little guy has got a lot of power, very smooth and pleasing mids, potent and impressive lows.
I have already pre-ordered mine :wink: Love the Woo house sound, and this is no different (other than not having tubes...)
Do you have any thoughts on this vs a Hugo

Oct 14, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #93 of 774
Do you have any thoughts on this vs a Hugo
I didn't compare the 2 nor spent a lot of time with the Hugo. My skin-deep observation is that the Hugo would be closer to reference / neutral sound, and a little more resolving, while the WA11 is smoother and more tube-like / fun sound.

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #94 of 774
I've heard several reports now that the WA11 basically has a tube sound without tubes. Incredible. I'm much less interested in reference/neutral in a transportable, so this sounds perfect to me. If I'm on the road or in a hotel room, I want to hear music for fun through my Audezes.

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #96 of 774
I'm very interested in this, looking forward to hear it myself. I'm planning to pair it with Ether 2, hopefully they'll sounds good together. :)

Oct 17, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #97 of 774
I pre-ordered a WA11 several weeks ago. I wanted a high-end DAC/AMP for the long haul flights(and rail travel) that I often take; this model fit the bill. As I placed my order with Mike from Woo Audio, I asked him about this model being a soild-state device vs all the tube amps Woo has made before. Mike assured me that a massive level of thoughtful time and engineering went into this device. He also stated that Woo knows the what the existing Woo customer expects and promised that this model would live up to these standards and the Woo Audio house sound.

These assurances along with owning a WA8 and loving it, lead me to have full confidence in my buy.

Mike told me they are shooting for these pre-orders to go out in mid-Jan 2019. I look forward to enjoying my music with this new device.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #98 of 774
Apple’s announcement of the new iPad Pro with usb c has me really excited. What are the chances this will be plug and play with a single USB c cable with no adapters? Finally a transportable iOS audiophile rig with one cable??

Nov 2, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #99 of 774
Apple’s announcement of the new iPad Pro with usb c has me really excited. What are the chances this will be plug and play with a single USB c cable with no adapters? Finally a transportable iOS audiophile rig with one cable??

One USB C for charging and one for an audio source on the WA11 will make things easier. The fact that Apple has decided to go with USB C for the new IPad Pro brings some uniformity to the industry. I'm a Android user and my current cell phone uses USB C. For me this DAC/AMP had exactly what I needed. Portability,power,high quality DAC from a producer that I know and trust.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #100 of 774
Does anyone know if the WA11 can drive the Hifiman’s Susvara? They claim it can drive any headphone? Too bad the final specs have not been posted on their website yet. I also like to know if the lo gain can drive sensitive items.

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #101 of 774
I just noticed the WA11 product page is updated with the estimated shipping date of early Feb. 2019 for current pre-orders. Has there been any announcement as to when the earlier pre-orders will start shipping?

Nov 6, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #102 of 774
I just noticed the WA11 product page is updated with the estimated shipping date of early Feb. 2019 for current pre-orders. Has there been any announcement as to when the earlier pre-orders will start shipping?
No announcement I am aware of. However, I think preorders are all the same, regardless of when you placed them. I pre-ordered on the first day, back when there were pictures of both the black and silver finish, and the units were expected to ship this year, lol.

Nov 6, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #103 of 774
No announcement I am aware of. However, I think preorders are all the same, regardless of when you placed them. I pre-ordered on the first day, back when there were pictures of both the black and silver finish, and the units were expected to ship this year, lol.

I really hope we get it before the end of the year haha

Nov 7, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #104 of 774
Will they have any promotional deal for thanksgiving or Christmas?

Nov 7, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #105 of 774
Will they have any promotional deal for thanksgiving or Christmas?
The WA11 is already discounted for pre-orders. I seriously doubt they would lower its price even more!
Woo Audio may have deals on other amps for the holidays. But do not count on WA11 deal :wink:
(I am not affiliated to Woo Audio. Just a satisfied repeat customer...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back