Woo Audio TUBE mini Balanced Headphone Amplifier/DAC
Oct 16, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #121 of 332
Just ordered Tube Mini today.
Blue.
Website stated 3 weeks....

Plan to test with Utopia OG, Stellia, HE1000SE, LCD5, HD800S, 109 Pro....

Got the tube desktop hp amp already. Want to see the difference.....
I look forward to your feedback ! Let me know how it fares relative to ALO CV5/CDM.

Oct 25, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #122 of 332
I just received mine today. Very nice piece of equipment and sounds good. I do have a question for the community though. I am playing the Tube Mini on the Arya Organic and on a Macbook Air 15". The only way I can keep the sound at a reasonable level is to have the Macbook at just a hair above mute and the Tube Mini at its lowest setting.

This seems wrong - do I have something screwed up?

Oct 25, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #123 of 332
I just received mine today. Very nice piece of equipment and sounds good. I do have a question for the community though. I am playing the Tube Mini on the Arya Organic and on a Macbook Air 15". The only way I can keep the sound at a reasonable level is to have the Macbook at just a hair above mute and the Tube Mini at its lowest setting.

This seems wrong - do I have something screwed up?
What are you using to stream music?

I had that problem with Qobuz. I solved it by making sure the Mac has full control of tube mini. You could have the volume on your streaming software causing issues.

Oct 25, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #124 of 332
What are you using to stream music?

I had that problem with Qobuz. I solved it by making sure the Mac has full control of tube mini. You could have the volume on your streaming software causing issues.
I do use Qobuz. I can't see where I have the settings wrong. I switched to Tidal for a trial and I did not have the volume problem that I experienced on Qobuz. The streaming software on Qobuz is also at just a hair above mute and all other volumes on the Mac are muted. I will play around some and see if I can't figure this out.

Thanks for your comments.

Oct 25, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #125 of 332
I do use Qobuz. I can't see where I have the settings wrong. I switched to Tidal for a trial and I did not have the volume problem that I experienced on Qobuz. The streaming software on Qobuz is also at just a hair above mute and all other volumes on the Mac are muted. I will play around some and see if I can't figure this out.

Thanks for your comments.
I went into Tidal and I did not have the volume issue at all. Went out of Tidal and back into Qobuz and the volume problem disappeared. Weird for sure...

Oct 25, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #126 of 332
I went into Tidal and I did not have the volume issue at all. Went out of Tidal and back into Qobuz and the volume problem disappeared. Weird for sure...
Yep. It’s a bug with Qobuz. Thanks for confirming.

Oct 28, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #128 of 332
I bought the Tube Mini - had it for a week. The sound is excellent - yes there is hiss and noise when you tap it, its not really ideal for iphone at all makes RFI hum with tubes. Plugged into laptop wireless mouse may make digital noise so put the dongle on opposite side or keep away from mouse- is it worth all the trouble? The sound is very holographic and could be end game for many with a modest system set up - its got loads of power and natural sweetness few amps or dacs have I know of at a price more than double of this if any at all- its truly a music marvel for price - BUT for me I returned it back as my main reason for keeping was iphone compatibility not desk top use or laptop use- as I have 5+ amps and dacs set ups already and the noise from iphone made me have pause - the Tube Mini is a music marvel under the right set up for sure- maybe woo can make the next design more user friendly for actual portable use (the USB sticking out as a male was a short sided idea as an example)- I recommended for laptops or desktops but kind of defeats it being 'portable' - it has the potential but fails in real practical portable use sadly I wish they could update for ease and actual field use.

Nov 10, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #131 of 332
Just got the tube mini, blue color, yesterday. I was surprise how close the sound and performance of this little unit VS desktop unit with HE1000SE and LCD5.
Been watching movies all day with LCD5 with bombarding with dynamic explosions with lots of details....
Very quiet with MB pro, no ringing sound I think.....
Great job Woo Audio.....

Nov 10, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #132 of 332
Just got the tube mini, blue color, yesterday. I was surprise how close the sound and performance of this little unit VS desktop unit with HE1000SE and LCD5.
Been watching movies all day with LCD5 with bombarding with dynamic explosions with lots of details....
Very quiet with MB pro, no ringing sound I think.....
Great job Woo Audio.....
Thank you for this feedback.. if I were not travelling out of country, this would have been my holiday purchase..

Nov 16, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #134 of 332
Anyone having trouble controlling volume pairing this with a DAP as a source?
It worked well with the Hiby RS2, even with IEMs. It is now at Hiby to replace the battery and with my other DAPs it doesn't play at all. Which DAP are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back