Woo Audio Headphone stand = Garbage Quality Control
Sep 13, 2016 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mumbles06

100+ Head-Fier
Well, after ordering a Woo Audio double headphone stand in June, I received it yesterday,September 12 .  They are backordered everywhere, so I bought one online from Audio Advisor out of Michigan.  They shipped it to me the first time on July 26th.  When it arrived days later, I open the box very exited, only to find that Woo had place a single (HPS-R) headphone stand in the box and labeled the box HPS-T.  Not Audio Advisor's fault, Woo labeled it wrong.  So I got a return authorization and waited for my next chance of having a close-to-100-dollar headphone stand delivered.  Then on Sept 12th, it finally arrives.  I opened the box to find that this time it was the correct stand.  I was relieved to finally have a good storage solution for headphones.  I soon realized that I counted chickens before they hatched.  Upon assembly of the stand, the wingnut beneath the base wouldn't stay on the threads of the main shaft.  The wingnut came in the box with everything else, and was not quality controlled to ensure the stand could be assembled.  I figured it was no big deal, I'd just go by Lowe's and get a nut to fit it today and use a ratchet.  It turns out the threads on the end of the shaft are boogered up so nothing will hold on the end.  Once you get the nut past the bad section, it screws on no problem, but the good threads can't be engaged due to the fact that the base of the stand covers them.  This leaves me with ANOTHER Woo Audio stand that I can't use due to their poor quality control.  Now I have to wait over ANOTHER month because of their terrible lack of attention to detail in their products.  It really makes me glad I don't own any of their amps and instead went with Schiit.  If this next stand doesn't work, I'm going to get my money back and make my own.  

TLDR:  Be warned, Woo Audio is having QC problems right now.

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 6
Update:  After contacting Woo directly about the problem, the are sending a replacement part no questions asked, express mail.  So QC is a bit iffy, customer service is fantastic.

Sep 19, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #3 of 6
Good to know. Looking to grab one of the double stands when they are readily available.

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 6
Purchased one of the single HP stands in silver in August. Liked it so much I ordered another in September. Both were perfect in materials, fit and finish. Went together perfectly with no problems, very stable, clean lines, excellent for canted HP designs like HD800 / 800S. Took about a month from time of order to delivery.

Oct 23, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 6
Got mine earlier this week, fits nicely into my setup.

1207be13_20161022_170004.jpeg

Stand is super heavy duty, stable and looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back