Woo Audio Fireflies vs. Oppo HA-1
Jul 15, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 5
Those two pieces of kit are rather high end.  Your best bet is to increase your post count and then join the discussion on relevant threads in the Headphone Amps (full sized) sub-section of this forum and/or the Summit-Fi section

Jul 15, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #3 of 5
  Any thoughts?  Right now using with Sennheiser HD 600s & Grado SR 225s.  Eventually moving to Audeze.  Has anybody had the chance to listen to both?

My advice to any newbie, irrespective of post counts(BS if you ask me, this is an open forum with no pre-qualifications) is to go to a forum that discusses the equipment of interest and ask your questions there. An open ended question such as yours, while very welcome, is best served if addressed to the correct audience as your chance of a meaningful reply will be much higher.
Please don't be put off by some negative responses that you might get as we were all newbies at some point and it is only by asking questions and reading others points of view that we acquire knowledge and grow in this hobby/passion of ours and attract others to this hobby as well. Never be afraid to ask a question as it is by doing so that we learn and grow. I am an adult education teacher and always encourage questions from my students as it is a sign of engagement and a desire to learn, and this is a good thing for anyone.
Welcome to the forum and "sorry for your wallet!". Cheers.

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the replies.  I've posted quite a bit over the years in the Audio Asylum and somewhat less in the (everything sounds the same) AVS Forum.  I was hoping there was an of chance someone has played around with both--I hardly think $1,200 is a prohibitive price point but to each his own.  I looked around the Headphone amps section, and while there is some good info there, no one seemed to have heard both.  I'm down to three, those two and the new Codex from Ayre and am collecting as much information as possible.  Thanks for your advice.

Jul 16, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 5
  Thanks for the replies.  I've posted quite a bit over the years in the Audio Asylum and somewhat less in the (everything sounds the same) AVS Forum.  I was hoping there was an of chance someone has played around with both--I hardly think $1,200 is a prohibitive price point but to each his own.  I looked around the Headphone amps section, and while there is some good info there, no one seemed to have heard both.  I'm down to three, those two and the new Codex from Ayre and am collecting as much information as possible.  Thanks for your advice.

Fact is that $1,200 is a great deal of money to many members here.

If no one here has heard both, perhaps a post at Inner Fidelity might yield results.  Other options are various high end audio shops and a Head-Fi meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back